Paw pad - Question

DaGmen

Jul 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eli
I am fairly new to the forum. I have a question about my 18 month old EB Eli. I got him in July 2012 when he was 7 months old. For as long as he has been with me he has had this yellow and crusty part of his paw pads. It does not seem to bother him at all, he walks and runs just fine, never shows any kind of limp. I have taken him to the vet a few times for a checkup and shots etc. They have never mentioned this as any type of concern. I am a first time pet owner. I thought would see if anyone else has seen or experienced this with their EB's? Are there any home remedies that can be applied here?

20130721_181840.jpg

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Mine have that and it's just from wear and tear...you can put a little balm or Snout Soother or Aquaphor on it with a sock but it's pretty harmless and will likely come back anyway...kind of like a callous on a human foot!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Completely normal. Some bullies will get more calluses than others. Wilson's front paws on the outer sides will get quite thick. When I do his nails every two weeks, I just dremel that section a bit too. You can use Musher's Secret too. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] turned me on to that. I prefer it now over the Snout Soother for the feet as it doesn't leave a greasy feel after it's on. Wilson's way more red than Eli in the in between area. He's constantly in his pool though too and that may be why. I'm not concerned about it at all though.

Sally has an area on her front pad too that's yellow on the calluses but not nearly as thick as Wilson. Wilson's a front foot dragger so maybe that's why?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep... musher's secret will help! Only stuff Banks does not lick off -- she doesn't necessary like it on, but she does leave it there.

OP
DaGmen

DaGmen

Jul 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eli
Where can I buy that product?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Not sure what I am looking at but it just looks like a callus? You can get snout soother for it or just use aquaphor lotion to soften.

Most Reactions