brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok does anyone else have the problem of their bulldog eating every dog bed they buy. I felt bad having the baby sleep on the hard plastic of his crate so I bought an orthpedic bed and he chewed it to pieces. I have bought several less expensive ones as well. No luck. Any suggestions?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea would chew on hers but for us we found out it was the tags on it that she was after and didn't like for some reason. After we cut them off she stopped chewing on them. Now she just drags them across the floor to where she wants them and plops down. Occasionally she will rearrange her crate and move her bed from one side to the other.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley chewed his bed when he was little, but now he's fine. He will sometimes drag it out of his crate and across the floor because he thinks -- and it's usually true -- that I'll give him a treat in order to take it off of him! Dudley seemed to grow out of the eating the bed stage.

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
we went through quite a few beds this way. i found a higher end bed that was in two parts. a durable twill shell and a puffy insert. both pieces are washable. if i leave the cover unzipped igor has no interest in getting to the innards. the bed is guaranteed as indestructible (which we all know is just a challenge to our babies). i got the bed at orvis and it is going on almost to years now that it has survived.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk wanted to the first couple months.... he wanted to eat and pee on his bed, we removed the tags, sprayed the outter part with bitter spray and only gave it to him when we could watch him closely and correct behaivoir. 'Good boy' and rubs for sitting/laying and being good on it and 'NO' for anything else, it took about a week, but now all good!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
There are are few members that had this happen.... I can't remember exactly which members, but [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has an eater

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
There are are few members that had this happen.... I can't remember exactly which members, but @JAKEISGREAT has an eater

Ummmmm YES! Jake has eaten every bed he gets a chance to be alone with. He is older now..but still can't resist! We were in the mountains a couple weeks ago, left their beds out while we ran an errand. Came home and he had started tearing it up! :angry: We could see it started with the tag. It must drive him crazy. Luckily, we weren't gone longer and he still has a bed there to lay in!

At home, he only has access to his bed, when he goes to sleep! He sleeps at the foot of our bed and he couldn't eat it in front of us! :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I too have gone thru plenty of beds and $$ with my two rascals... too many to count, sadly. So, i finally wised up and just put blankets and sheets in their crates instead. Oh, they also "ate" MY bed, down to the box spring when they were younger. :cursing:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thanks for the info. Hopefully he will outgrow it. He is still a pup only 8mos. Thankfully he doesn't chew anything else.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.