wondering WHY?!!!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
so spike has TWO favorite toys Mr. Vegas the bear i bought him back from when i went to vegas this summer AND mr. crab that i picked up at Target a few months back...loudest thing ever. a squeaky toy. anyway apparently he got mad at them or something b/c as u can see in the pixs below he tore up mr. vegas and ate one of mr. crab's leg. :[
247f3b7b.jpg
[/IMG]

67572e94.jpg
[/IMG]

should i be worried? he is never mean or destructive with his toys. i mean just look at mr. vegas :[

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
nah you just might not be able to give him stuffed animals anymore :( we have a lab that IS NOT allowed any stuffed animals or squeaky toys, he will demolish them in 10 sec flat sometimes quicker :eek:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That's why Orion now has 7 stinky bears. She just sucked the paw off of number 4. 2 has his nose sucked off. 1 is retired. And 2 and 5 are needing to be washed. Grandma actually went to the store and picked up 2 more for her today.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ugh, Bentley used to destroy all his toys in short order but they usually last a little longer with Linus and Baby T...until someone starts eating the stuffing and I have to pull it out of one end or the other.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas had his favorite of about 10 that he owns, he got it for Valentines Day last year, he suckled it most out of all his stuffies, just last month he finally did this

Before
SAM_0355.jpg

After
VegasHalloween2010002.jpg

He still has many that he has had for months, just one day I guess he got bored and got a little carried away....lol......

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sounds to me to be a pretty common occurance that they 'eat' their toys. Before we even got Gracie we went out and got her lots of toys so she would have things to play with when she got here.. Hah... foolish us! You throw a ball for her and she gives you that look, " YOU threw it, YOU go get it!" Anyone want some new unused toys?.. LOL

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Yeah stuffed animals do not last around here very long, along with kong toys and other "regular" dog toys. The only ones that have lasted our the extreme kong and Planet dog toys! :D

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When Samson was young he was more gentle, now it's his mission is to destroy all toys. He is successful at that with ALMOST every toy on the market. It's totally normally, the bully jaw strength paired with all that slobber really makes for a toy destroying machine if thats what they want to go.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Maybe you could give them a brick for a toy?????? LOL

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We have had to go to Tuffy toys for ours. If not, they will chew off the eyes and smaller appendages, Abby will go as far as swallowing them!!! many at time i see funny colored poos in the yard. I then got a Tuffy alligator from Carolina Pet Pantry for each of them and they LOVE them! They have yet to destroy them and love to suckle on them at night. They have a tough scale from 1-10, I think the Alligator was rated as a 5 and still in great shape!

IMG_3141.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Really? I'm going to have to try a tuffy toy. Vegas is a monster with stuffed toys. I though I'd be smart and I picked up the toys without stuffing.....so Orion tried to suck on it and literally swallowed the whole tail of the toy.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I was so excited when I saw the tuffy toys for the first time, I thought wow I think I've found something Samson can't destroy (or it would at least take a while). I spent like $25 on the mega ring, it was supposed to be the toughest one they had. It didn't last a day. Picture below was the beginning of the end for the poor tuffy, you can see he has already started tearing the black piping. It didn't stand a chance once Samson got ahold of it :(

CamoTuffie.jpg

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
lol well glad spike isnt the only toy destroyer out there thanks for all the pixs :]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.