Thread: I made a HUGE mistake!

Default I made a HUGE mistake!

Sooo, I went to the mall today and I went into the pet store to let my kids look at the puppies. Don't you know they had a bulldog puppy. No, I would never get a puppy from a pet shop. But, I could NOT resist. I asked to see her, and they brought her out. I got to hold her and play with her for a minute. Soooooo sweet! I cannot wait till the day I get a pup! This is definitely going to make the wait that much worse!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I made a HUGE mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by tmaguire View Post
    Sooo, I went to the mall today and I went into the pet store to let my kids look at the puppies. Don't you know they had a bulldog puppy. No, I would never get a puppy from a pet shop. But, I could NOT resist. I asked to see her, and they brought her out. I got to hold her and play with her for a minute. Soooooo sweet! I cannot wait till the day I get a pup! This is definitely going to make the wait that much worse!
    At least you had willpower. I would've left with a pup. They make it too easy, just put you on a payment plan and it's done. I no longer go to any stores to sell puppies, because I am WEAK, and plus I feel so sorry for them....

I cannot wait until you get a bulldog either!!! How is the hunt going???

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

I agree I would have had a new bullie lol. My will power is 0 when it comes to puppies

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

i would have totally been in the dog house if i did that!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

PLEASE DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM A PUPPY STORE!!!!!!!!! They are not from a reputable breeder, and usually have lots of problems!!!

My willpower is pretty darn low, believe me! This was the most adorable little girl! I do worry so much about her regarding all the health problems she will probably endure due to the improper breeding at puppy mills. I don't know how anyone can do that to any dog. The thought of those beautiful defenseless dogs sitting in those mills being used as puppy making machines. Makes me sick.

I have put my puppy search on hold for a bit. We are trying to buy a 10 acre lot about 5 minutes from where I live right now. Then we will build a nice one story home. I don't need fancy, believe me. That is not me. I just cannot wait to have a 1 story house, for me and my furry family! After we get into the house, watch out!! Let the bully party begin!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bear
    Likes (Received)

Willpower for sure. I wouldn't have been able to resist. It is bad enough I have knowledge of litters coming up with the breeder. Lord give me strength...

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Agree! No will power here! :bust: Last time I was in a pet store I went to buy a beta fish and ended up with a siamise mix kitten, I just couldnt leave such a beautiful cat in such an awful place! Let me tell you my husband didnt talk to me for a few days (that was our 4th cat at the time)!
    Last edited by Lacey28; 11-08-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

I've been there before. Just stopped in to see the bulldogs, even though every fiber of my being wants to have those kinds of places go out of business...of course, I end up holding the baby bulldog puppy and tearing up when I have to give her back, knowing she's going to sit there in a tiny cage like a toy on a shelf waiting for someone to pick her. Ugh, those places...those dogs deserve so much more.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Remove Ads