I made a HUGE mistake!

tmaguire

Aug 4, 2010
Sooo, I went to the mall today and I went into the pet store to let my kids look at the puppies. Don't you know they had a bulldog puppy. No, I would never get a puppy from a pet shop. But, I could NOT resist. I asked to see her, and they brought her out. I got to hold her and play with her for a minute. Soooooo sweet! I cannot wait till the day I get a pup! :D This is definitely going to make the wait that much worse!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sooo, I went to the mall today and I went into the pet store to let my kids look at the puppies. Don't you know they had a bulldog puppy. No, I would never get a puppy from a pet shop. But, I could NOT resist. I asked to see her, and they brought her out. I got to hold her and play with her for a minute. Soooooo sweet! I cannot wait till the day I get a pup! :D This is definitely going to make the wait that much worse!

At least you had willpower. I would've left with a pup. They make it too easy, just put you on a payment plan and it's done. I no longer go to any stores to sell puppies, because I am WEAK, and plus I feel so sorry for them....

I cannot wait until you get a bulldog either!!! How is the hunt going???

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i would have totally been in the dog house if i did that!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
PLEASE DO NOT BUY A PUPPY FROM A PUPPY STORE!!!!!!!!! They are not from a reputable breeder, and usually have lots of problems!!!

OP
T

tmaguire

Aug 4, 2010
My willpower is pretty darn low, believe me! This was the most adorable little girl! I do worry so much about her regarding all the health problems she will probably endure due to the improper breeding at puppy mills. I don't know how anyone can do that to any dog. The thought of those beautiful defenseless dogs sitting in those mills being used as puppy making machines. Makes me sick.

I have put my puppy search on hold for a bit. We are trying to buy a 10 acre lot about 5 minutes from where I live right now. Then we will build a nice one story home. I don't need fancy, believe me. That is not me. I just cannot wait to have a 1 story house, for me and my furry family! After we get into the house, watch out!! Let the bully party begin!!!!:up:

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Willpower for sure. I wouldn't have been able to resist. It is bad enough I have knowledge of litters coming up with the breeder. Lord give me strength...:pray:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Agree! No will power here! :bust: Last time I was in a pet store I went to buy a beta fish and ended up with a siamise mix kitten, I just couldnt leave such a beautiful cat in such an awful place! Let me tell you my husband didnt talk to me for a few days (that was our 4th cat at the time)! :eek:

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've been there before. Just stopped in to see the bulldogs, even though every fiber of my being wants to have those kinds of places go out of business...of course, I end up holding the baby bulldog puppy and tearing up when I have to give her back, knowing she's going to sit there in a tiny cage like a toy on a shelf waiting for someone to pick her. Ugh, those places...those dogs deserve so much more.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.