Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Aww I love all these lil stories. We had Daisy maybe a week before she barked. She just wanted to play. She rarely barks though. BUT, if I get the blow dryer out or use the mixer she will bark at those... It always catches me off gaurd. lol

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon very seldom ever barks unless something startles him or he wants on the bed and he forgets he can use the step stool we put at the end of the bed for him to use or playing with one of the other animals other than that not a peep out of him.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
Give it time. Little Amy took a year and a half to bark. She also has that poodle voice. On the other hand Liz barks more often. I keep trying to tell her that moron German Shepherd barks at everything. Hers is a full-bodied big dog bark. Grrrrr...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Frenchie only barks when playing... he took him a few weeks to do so too. Hopefully, she will open up soon and you'll hear her singing

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah does not bark hardly at all really. only when she thinks something is outside. she may never bark and then you may just be sitting there and one day she will make a sound. it was a very long time we had sarah before i heard her bark. i was like she dont bark and was like very very surprised. i have only heard her bark like maybe 10 times in 5 years.

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
it might happen - most often when least expected ... April didnt bark till about she had been here with us for about 4 months ,she has several different barks now

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Jenna never barked either...i played sound clips of barking dogs to see if that would get her to bark....found one she did bark...now i know why she doesn't a 50 pound bulldog...sounds like a poodle...think she's embarrassed;)...she just doesn't bark very often...and it's usually to try to get someone to give her a snack...i'm her protector she's not mine...that's fine...she's a rescue still has some fears and still a little head shy..getting better..but even over a year of no one laying a unloving hand on her she will still flinch every now & then..i think she just wasn't permitted to bark

Who knows her history. It could be that she was discouraged from barking for the entire of her life. You never truly know the history with these rescue babies.

It may take a long time for her to make a sound. Or maybe she has just perfected the "look" to get her own way!!!! Maggie was very good at that!!!! :yes:
I have thought about this aspect. I don't know her complete history. We got a glimpse of it last night when we were talking with her between us and my husband gently lifted his foot to rub her back. She flinched and ran. It broke his heart. She may have been punished for barking. I got her riled up on Saturday by barking at her. I thought, "this is it!" All i got for all that work was a sore throat. :)

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
No help from us. Norm barks a lot. Especially at animals on tv. He really barks at horses and dragons. And dogs. and birds. ok he barks at a lot of stuff. Sorry. Really no help. Try animal planet!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I have thought about this aspect. I don't know her complete history. We got a glimpse of it last night when we were talking with her between us and my husband gently lifted his foot to rub her back. She flinched and ran. It broke his heart. She may have been punished for barking. I got her riled up on Saturday by barking at her. I thought, "this is it!" All i got for all that work was a sore throat. :)

Awe bless her heart makes me want to hunt those people down and do some really painful things to them!!! I had five brothers I can think of some pretty horrible punishments!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.