Daycare

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
I have taken Sherman to Daycare about 6 times now. He seems to just love it. They did have to put him in with the bigger dogs because he doesn't understand that not every dog wants to play. And, he's a humper! I am a bit worried that he gets too excited and too tired. Running non stop for 3 hours. Should I be concerned!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hopefully he will become more accustomed to it and not get so excited, but perhaps until then take him for shorter periods?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree ... maybe leave him there for a shorter time!

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
The shorter time idea sounds like your best bet. :-)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
If taking him for a shorter time isn't an option, you could ask them to give Sherman periodic breaks from playing in a time out area. I assume the daycare building is air conditioned!

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
This sounds exactly like Ramsay - wants to play with everyone and thinks that everyone wants to play with him! When I take him over to my boyfriend's parents house, he plays with their 6 mo old golden retriever for HOURS non-stop. He's a bit different at puppy school, he'll sit back and watch if all 8 puppies are together, but he loves one-on-one playing!

As long as the building is air conditioned, I assume he should be fine! They may not know when to stop, but I'm sure he'd leave for water. Plus, you have an extra tired puppy at the end of the day when you pick him up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ask the staff to give him a 'time out' or rest period... I used to work at a daycare and we did this with a lot of the flat-faced breeds to ensure they did not over heat

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i take jameson to daycare almost every saturday he LOVES LOVES LOVES it!!!! i leave him ALL day there...7 hours or so. I have told them if he gets to wound up to put him in timeout. but the place is air conditioned and i often look at their cameras to see him lying on the cool floor to catch his breath. they have an outside but he rarely ventures out there...if he did they monitor them and coax them back in or they hose them down with cool water.
i dropped him off this morning till sunday to go out of town and of course it was 102 degrees today....told them just keep an eye on him and they said we will put him in a kennel if he needs a break....

OP
Jonel

Jonel

Jun 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your input. Think I will give it a try again since he just loves being with the other dogs. All indoors so he should be fine.

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
I take Ernie three times a week. Usually it is just for 3 hours or so while I am at the barn but there have been a few times where he has needed to stay all day. They blast the a/c and they give the dogs rest times in kennels every few hours. If I could afford it, I would take him more as he absolutely positively loves it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online