Road trip!!

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
My family and I are going on a shopping trip to Grove City, PA. Otis is coming along too!!! I have a couple of questions.

Are there any pet stores I should check out there that I wouldn't get in Toronto?
Will I have problems taking him across the border? I'm worried about bringing his food over, and I hope they don't make me dump it.

Since it's an outdoor mall, he'll be staying in the nice cool motel room most of the time, but I bought a cooling mat just in case. I might take him out with us in the evening, I hope his paws will be okay since I'm pretty sure it's all pavement.

Thanks!!

Stang

Jun 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thunder
I am originally from NW Pa. and use to go Christmas shopping every year at the outlets in Grove City. It is huge! I do not recall ever seeing pet stores, but here is the link to their site: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=85

I'm not positive, but i would imagine you would need some paper work for Otis to cross the boarder. You may want to check with customs laws. Are you crossing at the rainbow bridge?

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I am originally from NW Pa. and use to go Christmas shopping every year at the outlets in Grove City. It is huge! I do not recall ever seeing pet stores, but here is the link to their site: http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=85

I'm not positive, but i would imagine you would need some paper work for Otis to cross the boarder. You may want to check with customs laws. Are you crossing at the rainbow bridge?

I think the Lewiston bridge? I do have invoices from the vet, I'll call around to make sure. We're also going to some mall.......Peach tree street? Something along those lines!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
NICE!!! I go to the Philadelphia outlets (sister outlet to the Grove City, BTW they are about an hour outside of Philly) all the time, I live about 10 mins away -- no pets stores.

Have a great time and I hope all goes well at the boarder.... may give them a call or check out online about bringing his food

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I think the Lewiston bridge? I do have invoices from the vet, I'll call around to make sure. We're also going to some mall.......Peach tree street? Something along those lines!

we cross from Toronto on our way to pa all the time, never once were we asked about papers for Lola but we are American and we use the nexus lane. i have heard about tossing food though, but if the bag is sealed they probably won't dump it.

i went to university right around grove city, it is all pavement and it gets Hella hot. don't remember any pet stores but you should definitely eat at primanti bros. its a Pittsburgh delicacy!! new restaurant at grove city. corned beef with an egg!!!! went to grad school in pitt, i miss primanti bros sooooo much.

best store deals will be the kitchen stores, vanity fair, gap outlet, and the one next door to gap at the end.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
oh yeah the erie mall is on peach street....i used to shop in Erie when my sister in law lived there. don't buy from Burlington coat factory their quality is kind of bad, but where you should go, and its not in the mall, is tjmaxx. my hubby and i stock up at tjmaxx every time we cross the border. like a cheaper winners with a ton of options, and high end clothes will be plentiful in Erie tjmaxx

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
you could cross at peace bridge inbuffalo and hop on i90 then 90 west will take you right to peach street. you will need like $5 American for 90w tolls. and have fun!

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
we cross from Toronto on our way to pa all the time, never once were we asked about papers for Lola but we are American and we use the nexus lane. i have heard about tossing food though, but if the bag is sealed they probably won't dump it.

i went to university right around grove city, it is all pavement and it gets Hella hot. don't remember any pet stores but you should definitely eat at primanti bros. its a Pittsburgh delicacy!! new restaurant at grove city. corned beef with an egg!!!! went to grad school in pitt, i miss primanti bros sooooo much.

best store deals will be the kitchen stores, vanity fair, gap outlet, and the one next door to gap at the end.

Maybe I should buy him some cooling boots to protect his feet then. Thanks for the suggestions!

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
The US and Canada are very irregular with their regulation of animals at the border. Rabies certificates are a must. The rabies vaccination must be given more than 30 days before you cross the border if your dog is due for a booster. When the animal transport group I work with takes animals across they are either checked or completely ignored. It depends on the border patrol checkpoint and the agent you get. If your animal looks ill they will not let it cross. Health certificates are not required as far as I know but we always get one for each animal dated 3 days before crossing. That way if an agent says an animal does not look well we can point at the certificate. Have a great time! Have fun road tripping with Otis!

Stang

Jun 24, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thunder

yes, the mall on Peach St. is the Millcreek Mall in Erie where I am from. The mall itself is just, OK. If you get a chance, take Otis to Presque Isle http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/presqueisle/ . It is close to the mall and it is a wonderful state park with miles of beach and beautiful views. You and Otis would love it!

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
[MENTION=9197]Stang[/MENTION] Thank you so much! Maybe I'll take him there while my family is at the mall.

Most Reactions