Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
It is an antiseptic that works on gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungus, and some viruses. I works really well for healing wounds and sores in dogs. Do not use on cats.

Thank you I have seen it in posts off and on looks like I am headed to Walgreens

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thank you I have seen it in posts off and on looks like I am headed to Walgreens

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3
I had never heard of it either...but then again, I never needed it before. I found mine at walgreens where the Epsom salt was.

- - - Updated - - -

It is an antiseptic that works on gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungus, and some viruses. I works really well for healing wounds and sores in dogs. Do not use on cats.

Christy, what does "gram positive/negative" mean?

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

I guess the most embarrassing thing is when people ask me how much I paid for my dogs bone shaped swimming pool. Yes it was ridiculously expensive and yes I buy it again tomorrow they love it so much (but I still am embarrassed about the price).

ooo a bone shaped pool? I want to see it! ..and where did you find one?!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Thank you for the information I will be looking for it.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
For me, tonight it will be when I go to Walgreen's to get some stuff for Wilson & Sally. Wonder what the clerk will think when I check out witih Preparation H wipes, Epsom Salt, Hibiclen Solution (Walgreens antiseptic cleanser) and some more Neosporin. :hmm: :ashamed:

Oh I totally get it!! I always get embarrassed when it's time to buy more Tuck's Hemorrhoid Pads but it works so much better with the deep tail pockets on Diesel & Madison the numbing agent makes it less uncomfortable for them :) so it is totally worth my embarrassment ... I think :lol:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
I had never heard of it either...but then again, I never needed it before. I found mine at walgreens where the Epsom salt was.

- - - Updated - - -

Christy, what does "gram positive/negative" mean?

They are different types of bacteria that require different types of antibiotics/anteseptics. The walls have different thicknesses and a few other differences. When you look at them under a microscope you dye them to see their wall types. Why this is important is that gram negative bacteria will not be killed by lets say penicillin. Gram positive bacteria will be killed by penicillin. That is why when you go to the doctor they don't prescribe penicillin for everything. So if you had a cleanser that just worked on gram positive bacteria and your sore happened to have gram negative bacteria in it the bacteria would continue to grow. Hope that made sense.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
WEll Geez! I never thought about Tuck's for Petunia's tail pocket. She HATES it when I try to get back there to clean. Most of the time she runs off in a huff and hides in a very tight space where I cannot get to her. Then she gives me the stink eye for like an hour. Makes me feel like a mean mommy but I hate the sight of her rubbing her behind on the carpet.
:cry:
The stuff we do for our fur babies.
:eek:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
We have a first aid kit just for the bullies and I stock up on supplies when I am shopping so no one really pays attention to what is in my basket.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
​There is an inexpensive way to make your own Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads. I love the reactions I get from men when I tell them the recipe is to buy unscented baby wipes, Chlorhexidine and Monistat Vaginal cream at Walmart or Walgreens.

I guess the most embarrassing thing is when people ask me how much I paid for my dogs bone shaped swimming pool. Yes it was ridiculously expensive and yes I buy it again tomorrow they love it so much (but I still am embarrassed about the price).
Is the Chlorhexidine called something else? Hibiclens? That is what I could find at Walmart...do I need to get something different?

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Hibiclens.jpgare you making the homemade Douxo pads or cleaning a wound?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
​There is an inexpensive way to make your own Douxo Chlorhexidine 3% PS Pads. I love the reactions I get from men when I tell them the recipe is to buy unscented baby wipes, Chlorhexidine and Monistat Vaginal cream at Walmart or Walgreens.

[MENTION=8610]Jennifer Clark[/MENTION] I found it!

How much of each ingredient?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.