Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Hi all ... I want to start trying an apple cider vinegar rinse on Seamus during his bath. I am hoping it makes him smell better in between baths. Could somebody please tell me how much vinegar I should use and mix with water? Thanks!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
The proportion that we use is 1 cup ACV to 1 gallon of water. There may be different proportions that others use but for us it leaves Harlea's coat all nice and soft when she dries out and smelling nice too boot.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
The proportion that we use is 1 cup ACV to 1 gallon of water. There may be different proportions that others use but for us it leaves Harlea's coat all nice and soft when she dries out and smelling nice too boot.

Any organic acv is ok to use, yes? I'd like to rinse Brie w it at her next bath

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus

Do I rinse it off after I put it on him or do I leave it on him and let him dry off?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Any organic acv is ok to use, yes? I'd like to rinse Brie w it at her next bath
I do not see why not. We use the filtered ACV so it doesn't have all the floaty stuff in it.
Do I rinse it off after I put it on him or do I leave it on him and let him dry off?
We do it after rinsing off all of the shampoo as it helps to remove all of the residue. We let it soak in for 5 to 10 minutes and then dry her off. Others may do another warm water rinse and then dry off.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Do you buy it filtered or filter it yourself? I've only seen organic..kinda cloudy. No filtered

By us both are sold side by side at Wally World so we just grab the filtered stuff. Not sure about stores in your area though.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=9236]Lisabear123[/MENTION] just the generic store brand.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi all ... I want to start trying an apple cider vinegar rinse on Seamus during his bath. I am hoping it makes him smell better in between baths. Could somebody please tell me how much vinegar I should use and mix with water? Thanks!
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] --- may be able to answer, but I think you leave it on.

ILuvHudson

Jan 19, 2011
PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hudson
I've not heard of this before. When you end up doing it, would you kindly share how it worked best for you? That would be awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

I've not heard of this before. When you end up doing it, would you kindly share how it worked best for you? That would be awesome!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
No help as I don't use it!!

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I use the one cup acv to gallon warm water....I rinse after letting it sit for about 5 minutes...does help with the doggie odor...she can go longer in between baths

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
What kinda ACV? I use the Braggs to put in Dexters water but would the Walmart stuff work for a rinse? Ths Braggs is $8 a liter

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I do not see why not. We use the filtered ACV so it doesn't have all the floaty stuff in it.

We do it after rinsing off all of the shampoo as it helps to remove all of the residue. We let it soak in for 5 to 10 minutes and then dry her off. Others may do another warm water rinse and then dry off.

Unfiltered with the "mother" I believe has more benefits-

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.