Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I use about 1 cup of vinegar to a gallon of water. Any Vinegar is good for the rinse but I do use the Organic Apple Cider Vinegar made by Bragg (with the mother on the label). If you plan on putting the vinegar in the drinking water only use the organic ACV preferably by Bragg. I use the Vinegar rinse as the final rinse and I do leave it on for a few minutes before drying. This does prevent the "wet doggy smell" and their fur is soft and shiny.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I use the one cup acv to gallon warm water....I rinse after letting it sit for about 5 minutes...does help with the doggie odor...she can go longer in between baths

What odors? A dog shouldn't have an odor unless its been out playing in the rain or something. There has to be an underlying issue. I don't bathe any of mine u less necessary. Duchess has to be going on 3-4 months and her fur is beautifully shiny- everyone that lets her says she feels like silk - she has zero odor. The same goes for duke he has zero odor but I am working on getting his fur as soft and silky as duchess

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
What odors? A dog shouldn't have an odor unless its been out playing in the rain or something. There has to be an underlying issue. I don't bathe any of mine u less necessary. Duchess has to be going on 3-4 months and her fur is beautifully shiny- everyone that lets her says she feels like silk - she has zero odor. The same goes for duke he has zero odor but I am working on getting his fur as soft and silky as duchess

I think it depends where you live. We live in DC and Seamus is always sniffing and peeing right where a zillion other dogs pee. Since he is relatively short to the ground he starts smelling after two weeks or so. Plus he rolls around in the few grassy patches we have near our building, which is most likely filled with dog pee. Its lovely. Can't wait to move out of the city and get our own yard! I grew up with dogs on 100 acres in Upstate New York and we never had to bathe them.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I have never used ACV and now I'm wondering if I should!! Doesn't it leave a strong vinegar smell?? Dually is constantly going in his pool and therefore always smells like a soggy doggy!! Would do anything not to have him smell like that and have nice soft shiny hair.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have never used ACV and now I'm wondering if I should!! Doesn't it leave a strong vinegar smell?? Dually is constantly going in his pool and therefore always smells like a soggy doggy!! Would do anything not to have him smell like that and have nice soft shiny hair.

It does smell a bit until they are totally dry, but after that they smell all nice and fresh... Until the next time they go and roll around in the mud that is. lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I use the same measurement, I cup to 1 gallon, pour it on the body after you rinse the shampoo off, and leave it on for about 5 minutes, then I do a warm water rinse, but you can leave it on if you like.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online