Visiting Bristol, TN soon... need emergency vet recommendation... and pic sharing :)

LuluMommaTonya

Nov 13, 2012
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu Mae
We will be visiting Bristol, TN for over a week in the near future. Does anyone have a vet in that area that they would recommend in case of an emergency? Lulu has been healthy so far other than one horrible day at the end of April when she had seizures. It started at about 3 in the morning until 7 when she had about 4 seizures, then had 3 more later in the afternoon. She hasn't had any more since that day, so the vet thought that perhaps deprivation of oxygen may have triggered the first big one, and the others were smaller after shocks as her brain settled down. All of her bloodwork came back normal and so did tests on her heart. The vet did notice that her heart rate seems a little high overall, and that her heart rate is better and she breathes better while sleeping on her belly than on her side. I find that interesting since she is such a petite girl...she is short and is just over 30 lbs at 18 months. She has had surgery for elongated palate, but she still has sleep apnea which seems way worse at night than it does during the day. I lost a bassett hound once to seizures that happened in a cluster, so I would like to have a vet on speed dial just in case this happens to Lulu again for some reason while we are there. I figured that if I am over-prepared for anything that may happen then hopefully nothing will! Thanks for any recommendations that anyone can give!

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0656.jpg
    IMG_0656.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 91

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
What a sweetie! I'm sure you'll get lots of vet recommendations soon..just hang in there! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lulu is a BEAUTY! I checked the vet recommendation list -- nothing on there ;( I did a web search and there are four in the area -- hopefully one of our members will see this and come lend you some advice.

Have a save trip and I hope Lulu stays healthy

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Lulu is so adorable and has such different markings than usual, love her!

Thank you for sharing new pics, great ones of her.

I'll pray your trip is safe, there & back and Lulu stays well, GOD bless!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
What a cutie she is, love your photos of her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online