What type or brand of Harness do you use?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, everyone, I am wondering what type or brand of Harness you use for your bully. I bought one that was made of a soft cloth material that went across their chest when they were puppies, and they outgrew them, my second type I bought, I had for all of 15 minutes, I can't remember the brand it was, but I bought them at Woofstock in June, and I had the lady at the booth fit them on them, we walked around for about 15 minutes, and in that time Blossoms fell off once, and Dozers, fell off 3 times, it fell off around his legs, and he got out of it. I took them back to the tent where I bought them from and told her what happened, and she said " oh but you haven't given them a chance, and you've only had them for a few minutes". I told her yes, and that in those few minutes, they have fallen off as he walks 3 times. She said take them home and if they don't work bring them back tomorrow, I explained to her that I was only there for that day, and wasn't coming back the next day, so she did give me back my money. I have another type I bought at Petsmart when they out grew the first harness. I bought them a little bigger so they would fit when they grew, the guy at Petsmart told me , they were the largest size and that they would fit them into adult stage. My two guys are 16 months, old and I don't like using their collars for when we go on long walks, especially for Blossom as she pulls so much when she walks. I tried them on today, and they are too tight, so tomorrow I'm going to return them to Petsmart. Now I'm back to square one, not knowing which harness to buy for them, none of them seem to fit them properly. What brand is good for a bully body, and which type of dog harness do most of you use for your bullies? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank guys.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I love the Kong harnesses. You can find them at Petsmart. For my two EBs I have the kong harness that does NOT have the chest plate, it's just a two strap harness with a "handle" on top, if you go on the Petsmart website I think it's called "kong harness with traffic loop". Fr my Frenchie I have th kong harness wi the chest plate only because it fits better for her body type but I did not like that one for my EBs, the neck just seemed too tight! I do love these harnesses, Gio's has now lasted me over a year and a half with no problems, they have so many adjustable straps that it fits perfectly!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you for your reply, I'll check them out tomorrow, and since I bought the other ones from Petsmart, I can exchange them instead of returning.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
BEACH 003 - Copy.jpg I use Ezy Dog.com brand of harness I paid around $40AU for FTSE pictured I have this to be really strong as he tends to pull when walking I did buy a front leading harness and I did not like that at all took him for a walk and we got four houses up and the darn thing fell down his legs which really worried me so picked him up carried him home put the other one back on and took the other for a refund.

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
If you want to invest the $$ in a good collar and leash I'd go with Kong. It's definitely best to wait until they are fully grown though since they can be expensive. I think we spent almost $100 on Cleo's set in WA and Mac will get his when he turns 2. The leash is awesome because it has a bone shaped rubber holder that you can slide up and down for wherever you want to grip the leash for extra hold.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
View attachment 48398 I use Ezy Dog.com brand of harness I paid around $40AU for FTSE pictured I have this to be really strong as he tends to pull when walking I did buy a front leading harness and I did not like that at all took him for a walk and we got four houses up and the darn thing fell down his legs which really worried me so picked him up carried him home put the other one back on and took the other for a refund.

I have the Ezy dog harness too.

Iveski

Dec 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
i have the Dozer from Carolina pet pantry, very durable and stylish. especially cuz when im trying to put the harness on TAnk he thinks its playtime, he has it more in his mouth than on his body...lol. i've had it for about 6 months now, can be adjusted pretty easy. the stylish part is you can get matching collars and leashes.
2013-04-16 11.13.35.jpg2013-06-26 11.26.39-1.jpg

Starkie

Dec 8, 2012
Northern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Walley-Bubba aka Wooley Bulley aka Walter! aka Landi!!
Walley-Bubba has a red Kong harness for large dogs.
He used to choke on the collar when he was little.
We worried about damaging his windpipe/oesophagus.
No worries with the Kong once he was finally big enough to fit.
The handle is great for grabbing him when he is out of control and has turned into a greased pig.
The handle also works great with the seat belt in the car so he won't go flying in a crash.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We are using padded PetSmart harnesses for now with Harlea, but will be switching to a Kong harness when she gets older/bigger.

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2013
Bryan, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lula Belle & Big Chief
I use the kong harness with the traffic loop and I like it a lot. The only thing is it's a little long from neck to shoulder but my girl is still growing. I also have the leash with extra traffic loop- comes in handy when she gets to pulling.

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you everyone, I'll go to Petsmart later today, and exchange the ones I bought there.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello! Late-as usual, but I use a LUPINE step-in harness. You can buy it directly from Lupine online. It is strong and comes in assorted designs. It also has a lifetime
guarantee-even if chewed. It is working great for my bullies!

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
IMHO you should try a slip collar again. We don't have any pulling problems so no risk of windpipe damage. For training older bullies I like to use the chain so you can give it a little snap. They don't like the noise. Then you can switch to a nylon/cotton based slip Collar. Even Mila, the crazy little white dog, walks well on the slip collar.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
[h=1]KONG® Harness with Traffic Loop for Dogs is what we use. We love them :) available at PetSmart and reasonable priced :)[/h]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online