Indoor Doggy Stairs

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Baby T loves to get on and off the couch about 1,000 times a day. He can jump on by himself but, unfortunately, he can't get down. Since I am constantly worrying about his hip and want him to put as little strain as possible on it, I went to CVS and bought those dog stairs you see on TV for $10. It's a little set of three stairs covered by some fleece. It says the weight capacity is 70 pounds. I honestly wasn't expecting much but figured I'd give it a try since Truman is getting too heavy to lift on and off the couch and, to my surprise, they are very nice! They are easy to assemble, the cover comes off for washing, and now Truman is able to use his stairs to get up and down off the couch himself, without doing anything death-defying.

I thought this might be helpful for anyone else with a dog with orthopedic problems or even a little dog that you don't want to constantly lift on and off the couch. For $10, it was a great deal.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow thanks for the info ive been looking for some but the ones i've found are WAY expensive for steps!!!! thanks girl hopefully it'll be the same in my area

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow I didn't know they were that cheap!! I want some for Samson to get on our bed, I lift him off every morning because I know its bad for his joints to jump off on his own and it's alot of weight for me to be doing that every day!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We got a set of 3 steps at Walgreens 2 years ago. Vegas used it once...then when I wasn't looking took off with the stairs. He chewed them up. Now I am looking for someone to build me a set of wooden ones. I worry about Vegas....our bed is so tall.

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
We got a set of 3 steps at Walgreens 2 years ago. Vegas used it once...then when I wasn't looking took off with the stairs. He chewed them up. Now I am looking for someone to build me a set of wooden ones. I worry about Vegas....our bed is so tall.

I did have one attempted robbery of the stairs as well but then I wedged them between the couch and the coffee table and it looks like that problem as temporarily been solved. I am hoping that I won't need them in the next couple months since both of my other bullies didn't have a problem getting on or off the couch. I can definitely see wanting a sturdier set for something permanent, like the bedroom.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
very good to know! We have a bigger, sturdier set in the bedroom for the bed since it is so high off the ground. I would recommened them to anyone but the woman who made them (or her hubby) no longer is selling on ebay. :( They are made out of a styrofoam which is actually very strong and holds their weight well. I know it would be easy enough to make them myself after Cutty tearing part of the fabric away from one side I can see how they were made exactly. lol. I like them cuz they are lightweight even tho they are so big and sturdy. The boys run up and down them like nothing and after having them for almost 4 years they are still perfect. haha

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Someone suggested hot tub stairs.......

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts