Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I was sitting on the couch eating watermelon, and my husband came into the house with Blossom, she came zooming into the house, like a crazy bully, she grabbed the watermelon rinds before I even realized she was there. We were able to grab some out of her mouth, but she did the sea gull swallow and swallowed some of the rind whole. I hope she is okay, and can pass them out without any problems. I think she ate two pieces. Silly bully, she's so food motivated.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston absolutely LOVES watermelon... I have to watch him like a hawk cause he will eat the rind. I would think that a couple of pieces wouldn't be an issue... God only knows what they will eat when are not watching!!! LOL

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah, I should become a poop CSI expert. I don't usually have these issues with Blossom, she loves her food, and usually will inhale any food, but Her brother Bulldozer eats things, socks, paper towel, dish cloths, rocks, pinecones, sticks, and pretty much anything that isn't nailed down. I'm usually having to do poop patrol, and pick through his poop, not hers.

Last edited:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
oh no hope she's ok - mine love watermelon too but we cube it and don't eat it off the rind but they will beg and whine for us to hurry up and cut it. They now know the word "watermelon" lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YTKES... whole rinds??!! UH OH... let us know the outcome, I have no idea how it will impact a bully

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope she is ok. Harlea turns in to a rabid wolverine when my wife starts cutting watermelon.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie turns into a Tasmanian devil when any food is around...I'll have to see if she likes watermelon too. I'm guessing if she can chew it or just fit it in her mouth the answer will be yes...lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would think the rinds would break down from the acid, I hope so.... please keep us posted! Silly Blossom! I bet it was good though!

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Just an update on Blossom, after her watermelon eating, she's had normal poops all day today, and so far doesn't seem to have any problems, she's eating, drinking, running, and playing normal, and Is her normal crazy full of energy self.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just an update on Blossom, after her watermelon eating, she's had normal poops all day today, and so far doesn't seem to have any problems, she's eating, drinking, running, and playing normal, and Is her normal crazy full of energy self.

Good to hear! Hope it stays that way :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thanks, I hope so too, I'm watching her closely, and since I poop and scoop, I always see what they poop, so am watching that too.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Just before the 4th of July, I purchased a watermelon, and walked in from the grocery, sat it on the floor, and went back out carrying groceries, lol, Putting the groceries up, I noticed my two went through one end of the watermelon, rhind and all, I was slightly concerned. They had no problem passing the rind, and had no loose stool. Both were fine, I did after finding what they had did, chunk the watermelon up into a refridgerator bowl and refridgerate the heart, and disposed of the rine. Hope this helps. Oh, and also, that quickly answered my question wondering if they liked watermelon or not lol

OP
Vikinggirl

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no. They ate right through the whole watermelon, rind and all? Lol. That's crazy, but funny. My watermelon was already eaten, and Blossom just ate the rind off my plate.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Monica, that's scary. I'm sure think it would break down but being a whole rind would concern me too, especially since it's a solid hard food. Glad they seem to be ok. :eek:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online