Yes, he's fixed, No, it's not your business!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Chunk loves to out and be adored, but I have lost count on how many people have tried to tell me how stupid we are for having him neutered! They tell me how handsome he is :) and then how much hd could stud for :/
ummmm F-OFF he is a wonderful, loving family companion... not a source of income! I did MUCH research before making the decision, and pimping my dog out was never even on the table! Yesterday while out a woman tryed to face palm me, a stranger in public wanted to put her hands on me for what? Because neutering does more good than harm?! no marking, or running off, no humping, no aggresion, no testicular cancer, no suprises with the neighbors dog... oh yes clearly I am an a**hole for wanting my pup to have to deal with this!
Sorry, I just deal with this so often and I find it very insulting, We are great pet-parents, and I am perplexed as to why everyone we meet has to stick their nose in my boys business!
PHP:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Chunk loves to out and be adored, but I have lost count on how many people have tried to tell me how stupid we are for having him neutered! They tell me how handsome he is :) and then how much hd could stud for :/
ummmm F-OFF he is a wonderful, loving family companion... not a source of income! I did MUCH research before making the decision, and pimping my dog out was never even on the table! Yesterday while out a woman tryed to face palm me, a stranger in public wanted to put her hands on me for what? Because neutering does more good than harm?! no marking, or running off, no humping, no aggresion, no testicular cancer, no suprises with the neighbors dog... oh yes clearly I am an a**hole for wanting my pup to have to deal with this!
Sorry, I just deal with this so often and I find it very insulting, We are great pet-parents, and I am perplexed as to why everyone we meet has to stick their nose in my boys business!

:clap2:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:lol: how do you really feel? Hahaha it is annoying that everyone just expects us to breed them. I have had many people ask I we plan on breeding cutty and Miila. Ummm....... Never. They r both fixed and rightly so.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Some people just need to learn how to mind their own business! So what if he's neutered? Is she going to lose sleep over Chunk getting the snip? You should have face palmed her with Chunk's neutered area

OP
truffle shuffle

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Some people just need to learn how to mind their own business! So what if he's neutered? Is she going to lose sleep over Chunk getting the snip? You should have face palmed her with Chunk's neutered area
LOL! I am afraid that will be in my head from now on when confronted with questions of my pups junk!! lmbo

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have gotten the same questions in the past, especially when they were puppies. They are 16 months old now, so the questions have kind of subsided, but people used to ask me if I was going to fix them and when I said yes, they asked me why? My answer was always about trying to educate people on the importance of spaying and neutering, and how it was better for your pet, but when that didn't work, I had a good answer for them, and it usually worked and shut them up. I told them they are brother and sister, and I didn't want puppies with tails growing out of their foreheads. Lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
:hmm: I guess the day will come when everyone ask's us has our hubbys had the snip.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i am constantly amazed at the things people will say to other people. ive not had that problem where i am with sarah. ive had a couple ask if i was breeding her but when i said no that was the end of it. i just dont understand these things really. not sure what i would do if someone face palmed me :eek:

wvlady1965

Mar 28, 2013
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JDAM (deceased) and Legend and Harley
You did good on answering such ignorant questions from a busy body. I hate when people ask me those questions to. I tell them to get on the internet and look up bulldog rescues and see how many sweet bullies were given up because are ignorant to the breed. I tell them I don't want to add to the countless bullies that needs a good and loving home. God bless you and your love for your bully to have him fixed.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Good for you! I had Dudley neutered. My boyfriend questioned it..."he's such a wonderful dog, don't you want one of his puppies?" There will never be another Dudley. Each bully is unique! I love him desperately and when I have to say goodbye to him, I'll find another bully and that one too, will be wonderful and unique. I'm not a breeder -- I leave that to the professionals who know what they are doing. People are amazing sometimes!:*(

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Good for you and Chunk! He is your dog, i cant stand the gall and ignorance of our world today. I get the same types of comments when I tell people Kiah is fixed. I then explain that she has a problem with other dogs, let alone allowing a stud to mate with her. Im a big and intimidating man when I want to be. I choose to kill people with kindness though. I will sit there and educate the masses until they learn or walk away. I would never want to put Kiah through a C section. The same people that say these things to me are ususally the ones who let their dog lead the walk, jump up on everyone and disrespect their handlers

I say we all chip in amd buy a private island so our bullies can have a refuge from the ignorance of the world!!!

On a side note, have you taught Chunk to do the truffle shuffle yet? If so, I mussssst seeeee videos!!!! Haha :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.