Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yes, he's fixed, No, it's not your business!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Yes, he's fixed, No, it's not your business!

Good for you! I had Dudley neutered. My boyfriend questioned it..."he's such a wonderful dog, don't you want one of his puppies?" There will never be another Dudley. Each bully is unique! I love him desperately and when I have to say goodbye to him, I'll find another bully and that one too, will be wonderful and unique. I'm not a breeder -- I leave that to the professionals who know what they are doing. People are amazing sometimes!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Real Name
    Mike
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kiah (Kee-aah)
    Likes (Received)

Good for you and Chunk! He is your dog, i cant stand the gall and ignorance of our world today. I get the same types of comments when I tell people Kiah is fixed. I then explain that she has a problem with other dogs, let alone allowing a stud to mate with her. Im a big and intimidating man when I want to be. I choose to kill people with kindness though. I will sit there and educate the masses until they learn or walk away. I would never want to put Kiah through a C section. The same people that say these things to me are ususally the ones who let their dog lead the walk, jump up on everyone and disrespect their handlers

I say we all chip in amd buy a private island so our bullies can have a refuge from the ignorance of the world!!!

On a side note, have you taught Chunk to do the truffle shuffle yet? If so, I mussssst seeeee videos!!!! Haha

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    I guess the day will come when everyone ask's us has our hubbys had the snip.

Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

It seems to me people in general isn't educated enough to understand that you don't breed a Bulldog "just like that"... Not all but most have some kind of health issue, if it's not hips it's eyes or allergies, the list goes on and on if people were educated and CARED most of these issues could have been bred away. It takes a lot of money to go through the necessary health screens and many times the issue might not even be visible until later in the dogs life. You also need to look in to your dogs parents, grandparents to see if there is genetics that isn't 100%. So who would take the chance of having a whole litter of puppies with issues when there is already so many wonderful bulldogs out there that is in need of a loving home?

Not to forget it is a risk for the female to have puppies, I believe most breeders use c-section and that isn't anything I would want for my dog. Also neutering your dog benefits it in so many ways health wise, so why not do it I say...
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hurley Who MaGoo
    Likes (Received)

Awesome job!! It is very frustrating when people only see them as money making machines. People ask us all the time when we are gonna breed Hurley because they would love to buy a pup. I smile and say she is spayed and you will have to find your own bulldog. Hurley is my daughter, my friend, my snuggle bug and bestest sleeping partner ever !! She does her job very well and she is paid back with love and homecooked meals, constant butt rubs and non stop through of her fave toy "redman". I applaud this post as I feel we all have to go through this.

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
    Awesome job!! It is very frustrating when people only see them as money making machines. People ask us all the time when we are gonna breed Hurley because they would love to buy a pup. I smile and say she is spayed and you will have to find your own bulldog. Hurley is my daughter, my friend, my snuggle bug and bestest sleeping partner ever !! She does her job very well and she is paid back with love and homecooked meals, constant butt rubs and non stop through of her fave toy "redman". I applaud this post as I feel we all have to go through this.
    Brie is my snoozy snuggle bear n my best friend..... (along w my hubby n son, of course) lol

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    You should have face palmed her with Chunk's neutered area
    Perfection.....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads