So how has your bully changed your life?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Please excuse my sappiness, but I just wanted to share :heart:...

... seeing Stiggy only joined us 2 months ago today, I can't remember how our lives were before then. It's amazing how he transformed our days into the happiest we've ever been. :yes: Even though we're still trying to figure out what he's allergic to, we've never felt stressed because he's such a joy to be around. I've even stopped 'bargain' shopping for things (I was a dedicated member of this 'deals' forum) , now the only stores I go to regularly are PetSmart and other pet stores and rummage the clearance aisle for toys. :lol: And I thought I would never be a dog type of person!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Its so true how they change your lives. Silva was actually a gift for my husband I never ever thought I would fall completely in love with her! She is the center of our family. If we go away for a weekend and Silva stays with my parents at least a few times a day one of us say how much we miss her! Its really funny how it turned out because she loves my husband but I am her # 1!! I cant wait to get another bully in the spring to bring more joy and love to my family and so Silva can have a fur-sister! Great topic!!:D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It took Chip and I many years to have children. Then we got baby, who I did NOT want. I wanted a fluffy dog. I saw her and my heart melted. I was hooked the minute I laid eyes on her. And then- all of the sudden our lives changed. Having baby was like having a child. "Look honey, did you see that? Look at Baby" "Look she is doing this", "lets go get her this and that."... always making us laugh everyday. I think she 'sealed' our marriage into something stronger, and helped us cope with the absence of children. She was, and always will be, our first 'baby' :heart:

I am going to scan more pictures of her someday. They are all in scrapbooks. She was such a sourmug!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We've had Bear since he was 9 weeks in April of this year. At the time we were still trying to cope with losing our lab from Nov '09. I never particularly wanted an EB but with my son's prompting we did. We were lucky enough to find a breeder nearby with 2 available puppies. My son and hubby wanted Bear, I wanted his brother. I lost out on the decision of which puppy but I am sooooo glad I did. We have never looked back and he has made our days together some of the happiest, there is not a day goes by that we don't laugh, say aww, or get all gooey and sappy. I love it. :heart::bully:

Carrie C

Apr 13, 2010
Cape May Court House,NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola,Bubba and Sadie and Spike
Over three years ago now my human family was complete and I was over the loss of my Lab.I wanted a new puppy,a smaller dog with big dog attitude.I decided a Bulldog was what I wanted.Lola came into our lives we just loved her to pieces.I started going to shows but she was not exactly show material.A year or so later I wanted another bully we decided breding her was the right choice for us.I had 5 beautiful boys 1 I kept to show.He later developed common Bulldog issues.I was happy with him being just a pet.I bought another little girl who I have been showing now for a while.I fully enjoy going to shows and meeting other people who share the same interests.Later one of the boys from the litter came back to me due to issues in the home he was in.OK let me count now I am up to 4 Bullies in the house.My Bullies are treated like my children I love them all.I would not have my crazy house any other way.So my Bullies have forever changed my life with all the love and devotion I give to them they give back twice as much.Like they say Bullies are like potato chips you can't have just one.Oh I have more babies coming in two weeks too.More squishy faces to love.:heart::bully:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
My husband always wanted a bulldog. I thought they were ugly. I found out that my mom had a new puppy....a 4 month old EB. I met Chesty and fell in love. I would drive over to my mom's house (40 mins each way) just to cuddle with him. I taught him to roll over and sit and all the cute tricks that were required for his puppy training class. I Bought him his first skateboard (which he rocks on) and was with him to photograph his love of the board. I just loved him to pieces. When my dalmatian passed away, my mom sent Chesty my way for a weekend. He saved me. Within 3 weeks we couldn't stand the emptiness any longer (both of my fur-kids passed away in 2007 to cancer) My husband got on the internet and found Vegas (then known as Doc) 5 hours away. We actually had our choice of 2 different pups....but my husband wanted only Vegas. I never met a cuter puppy. I'm shocked that I ever thought of a bulldog as being ugly. I can say it now....bad bully mama!! Here is a photo of Chesty and I. This is where my addiction started.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Gracie has only been with us for 3 months and it would take a book to tell all the changes she's made to our lives.
She's completely transformed everything about our household in just too many ways. We're totally and completely wrapped around her chunky little paws.
Bruce insists it's because she's not a dog. She's a Princess!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie has only been with us for 3 months and it would take a book to tell all the changes she's made to our lives.
She's completely transformed everything about our household in just too many ways. We're totally and completely wrapped around her chunky little paws.
Bruce insists it's because she's not a dog. She's a Princess!

Make that a Majical Angel Princess who has cast a love spell upon us :luv:
HowlweenParty2010001.jpg

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well Vegas changed my life when I got him because as much as I THOUGHT I knew about the breed I knew nothing compared to when I found this site. I raised both my boys after divorcing their dad, and after they were out on their own, I remarried last Sept. It was just me and my husband and I loved it but I felt an addition would be better. We got Vegas in Oct. one month after being married. and WOW it was like having a baby all over again. All the cleaning, all the food issues etc. But I would not change a thing, espeically now that we are on the right path with his food, no wonder he was difficult as a pup. We did not know better with his allergies and he was miserable with itching and smell. He has totally changed and is a new man with his food/treat changes. He won my heart the first minute I laid eyes on him, it did take my husband a while, but all it great now.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh my gosh! It's amazing, isn't it? I've had several other breeds thru-out my life. My family always had dogs as I was growing up and as an adult I've had little ones, big ones, inbetween, you name it, but never a Bully. We are "empty-nesters" with a revolving door on the front of our house. Kids and grandkids coming and going constantly, but we only had one dog, Arrow, our St. Bernard. Arrow was my Christmas gift three years ago, but he is totally my husband's baby boy. (Not sure just how THAT happened). In July my daughter and her family started puppy hunting. They looked into several different breeds, she wanted a French Bulldog, her husband wanted an English Mastiff and the boys wanted a Golden Retriever. They finally ended up with a little 7 week old English Bulldog, Millie. I hadn't been wanting another dog, much less a puppy, but I just fell in love!! We got Gertie a couple days later and Ida about 6 weeks after that. They are the BEST!! We can't imagine our lives without them now. And this site just makes all the difference! I'm on here daily and just love communicating with so many other EB people.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
We always had dogs when I was growing up and I was always a dog lover. Fast forward to 2006, I was 19 and living on my own. I wanted a dog of my own, BAD! But I was living in an apartment and needed a breed that would be appropriate for that, after alot of research the bulldog seemed like the best fit (knowing I'd have to get pet insurance though, which I did). There was a nearby pet store that had a puppy I wanted really bad, I went there many times before I actually made the leap and took Samson home. Young and stupid, didn't know buying from a pet store was a VERY BAD idea!!! As much as I hate that I supported such a business I don't regret for one single moment having Samson in my life. I couldn't possibly explain the many ways he changed my life. I was always a dog lover but I didn't know it was possible to love a dog as much as I love Samson. He's my son, I love him more than words could explain. Between all the research I did on the breed before getting Samson, learning about all the possible health issues, and all the actual things we've went through health wise with Samson I learned I was VERY fascinated with the field of animal health care and decided to change my course of education. I was going to school to be a teacher, now I am going to school to be a vet tech and its all because of Samson. He threw me into the world of everything dog, I really want to start a rescue one day, for all breeds. One day, once we get the heck out of California and get a home with the amount of property I want to do it right I will get started on it. I always say Samson changed my life and he did very much, for the better :)

Most Reactions