ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
As most of you know, my summer has been pretty horrid... We are planning to leave on vacation next week, and my usual pet sitter is unable to watch my dogs. So I visited a Pet Resort out in the country which was super awesome, clean, the people were very friendly, and they were highly recommended by a friend of mine. I'm nervous because I've never left a puppy before at a boarding facility... Winston will be w/Roxie so hopefully this will ease some of his anxiety. If anybody has any advice on what I should do to make his stay more comfortable for him, I would really appreciate it!!! The facility takes all their dogs out 6 times a day for 15 to 20 min in shaded fenced areas, and he would only be w/Roxie outdoors. They also have kiddie pools in the play areas... and they seemed pretty informed on bullies. I know I'm probably just over thinking this... I'm just worried about my baby :pray:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I have no advice up I feel your anxiety. I have been fortunate enough to have a friend house sit my pups, not sure how I would handle boarding either. :eek:

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Sounds like a pretty upscale joint. If the care of the dogs is under control then all that's left is the anxiety of unfamiliar surroundings. Maybe leave something that smells like you and your home with them (I'm sure the boarders will have no problem with that) and a few if their favorite toys for them to have in there sleeping space. Little things like that make a bully feel better about being in a strange place without their owners for a few days. Good luck.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I understand how you feel! It took us a loong time to be able to be ok with leaving Winston. We finally found a place similar to the one you are talking about, it has central AC and all! What we do is bring a blanket and a toy from home with him so he doesnt feel so lonely. However from what I hear from the staff Winston hardly realizes I am gone. He loves it there lol!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
As most of you know, my summer has been pretty horrid... We are planning to leave on vacation next week, and my usual pet sitter is unable to watch my dogs. So I visited a Pet Resort out in the country which was super awesome, clean, the people were very friendly, and they were highly recommended by a friend of mine. I'm nervous because I've never left a puppy before at a boarding facility... Winston will be w/Roxie so hopefully this will ease some of his anxiety. If anybody has any advice on what I should do to make his stay more comfortable for him, I would really appreciate it!!! The facility takes all their dogs out 6 times a day for 15 to 20 min in shaded fenced areas, and he would only be w/Roxie outdoors. They also have kiddie pools in the play areas... and they seemed pretty informed on bullies. I know I'm probably just over thinking this... I'm just worried about my baby :pray:

It will be fine. Like Big Mike said leave a blanket or a t-shirt of yours with them and some toys. You can also write down little notes and have them read to them for every day you are gone to make them feel better. :D They will be fine and just think how super happy they will be when you come back to pick them up!! Butt wiggles galore! :lmao:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It will be fine. Like Big Mike said leave a blanket or a t-shirt of yours with them and some toys. You can also write down little notes and have them read to them for every day you are gone to make them feel better. :D They will be fine and just think how super happy they will be when you come back to pick them up!! Butt wiggles galore! :lmao:

:bang: A Smart Arse in every crowd...:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I totally understand! Sometimes we have no choice..but it sounds like a good place and they will be together. The only thing I would make sure and talk to them about is 15-20 minutes in the heat..especially playing is a lot for a Bully. We all need to be reminded so I'm sure they will understand! Take a deep breath and have a good vacay! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Sounds like a really good place and comes with a personal recommendation. I would have anxiety too if it was me. I've never left my guys anywhere but home. I'll be faced with the same thing come October when the hubby and I attend my son's wedding out of state. 2 of mine will go to a dog sitter and the other 2 will stay home and go over to a neighbor's house. Wilson would love a boarding place since he's so social and I have thought about it.

Does this place have cameras that you can check in on them? You've had a very rough summer indeed so breath in and enjoy your time away. :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I agree w the rest, leave something w your scent he can snuggle and just let the staff know what his needs are. I think he will be fine, but I can completely understand your anxiety. I had the same thing so i ended up bringing Brie w us on our vacation. but you can't always do that. After you check in w them a few times while you are away..and hear they are both having a fantastic time...you will be able to relax a little and enjoy yourself!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks guys... I will talk to them about the playtime, it's been really hot here in TN! Not sure about the camera, but they do post daily guest picks on FB ; )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I do feel your anxiety, I left Ftse with daughter last year while we holidayed in the USA and I was a total mess leaving him and during our stay and Ftse was fine I'm not saying he didn't miss us but he survived and has stayed there again when we had to travel to Brisbane I just take a big basket of all his usual things obviously you wont be able to take as much as I did at a boarding kennel but just something to remind him of his surroundings and I am sure he will be fine but just like everyone has said the outside play maybe too long if the weather is hot. Go and enjoy yourself and you will be smothered with kisses when you get home.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do feel your anxiety, I left Ftse with daughter last year while we holidayed in the USA and I was a total mess leaving him and during our stay and Ftse was fine I'm not saying he didn't miss us but he survived and has stayed there again when we had to travel to Brisbane I just take a big basket of all his usual things obviously you wont be able to take as much as I did at a boarding kennel but just something to remind him of his surroundings and I am sure he will be fine but just like everyone has said the outside play maybe too long if the weather is hot. Go and enjoy yourself and you will be smothered with kisses when you get home.

Thanks... I really need to get away!!! I'm sure Winston will have a great time at the Pet Resort!!! Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Where in TN? I'm in MS- if y'all were headed this way and he would get along with dexter I'd keep him!

We live outside Nashville in Clarksville!!! Thanks for the offer, I'm sue Winston would love it... Lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Thanks... I really need to get away!!! I'm sure Winston will have a great time at the Pet Resort!!! Lol

It would be a very sad life if we just stopped living, as much as you don't want to leave them we often leave our children with relatives but don't want to leave or fur babies we are bully crazy. And yes you deserve to get away. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.