Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I adopted Brutus, a 4 y/o male who'ed had multiple homes due to no fault
of his own and mostly crated & ignored. He didn't know how to play, with
toys or with me and had potty issues due to going in his crate all his life.

2 months into owning him, I wasn't feeling well and stayed in bed sleeping.

Hubby told me later that Mother, whose Alzheimer's was deepening, had
thought Brutus was her Pug (long gone) and she was pregnant and too fat!
She pulled him around all day, making him stay by her and calling him Puggy.
Although Brutus look confused he did her bidding all day and let himself be
pushed & pulled by a confused old woman he did not know, with gentleness
and love.

As Stuart recounted the day we were hysterical with laughter but so very
touched with this huge bear of a bully with a kind & loving heart for all.

After having Sheldon in my opinion there is NO better breed than a bulldog. I love love love my Sheldon. Not a lot of you know my background before I found this site I told Becky why I consider Sheldon my guardian angel. I had a mental breakdown last August and if it hadn't been for Sheldon I probably wouldn't be here now with all you fine people. He got my husband to follow him to the room where my husband found me unresponsive mostly and got me to the hospital.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Ella loves babies and kids. Took her to the 4th of July parade, and my boyfriend walked her down the street and back. I guess they ran into a little baby in a stroller, about 1 year old. He said Ella was very gentle, and laid her head in the babies lap and let the baby pet her. Shes only 5 months, but it's like she knows she has to be extra gentle with them =)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
:hmm: why does she try to eat him? :D
cos he is chewably delectable? Lol I dunno, they rile each other up I guess. He tres to pet her n before u know it she is nomming on him n he is upset. I'm trying to help him but a lot of times he really is trying to be sweet n she just wants to play hard w him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
cos he is chewably delectable? Lol I dunno, they rile each other up I guess. He tres to pet her n before u know it she is nomming on him n he is upset. I'm trying to help him but a lot of times he really is trying to be sweet n she just wants to play hard w him.
Well then there's nothing better to a bully than a chewably delectable kid, lol. Sounds like she's actually ok and him getting upset may upset her? My kid is all grown so I'm just guessing really. :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
After having Sheldon in my opinion there is NO better breed than a bulldog. I love love love my Sheldon. Not a lot of you know my background before I found this site I told Becky why I consider Sheldon my guardian angel. I had a mental breakdown last August and if it hadn't been for Sheldon I probably wouldn't be here now with all you fine people. He got my husband to follow him to the room where my husband found me unresponsive mostly and got me to the hospital.

Oh Jennifer...I have tears in my eyes reading your words. How very brave
of you to say what you (and your dear family) have endured...Bravo!

I've gone thru a breakdown too, brought on by 2 moves in 8 months, my Hubby
dying right beside me as I got him to the ER, Mother having a complete break
w/reality just after, Brutus having teeth cleaning and dying too (7 months after
adopting him and only 5 months after losing Stuart (at 52 y/o) and being disabled
with auto immune disease and caring for Mother who's dying now from Alzheimer's.

All this in 10 months time, it got back to me that a friend of my 25 y/o son, his parents
who DO NOT know me, suggested to my son that I needed psychiatric care. I replied,
Let them go thru what I've been thru and am dealing with THEN give me their opinion.

EBN and these members have done more for me than any doctors, any anti depressant,
or my MIA family~they have supported, loved and just listened to me...I am standing only
because of them & healing because of the kindness given me, in thoughts, prayers & deeds.
I had just joined when all this happened (because of adopting Brutus, my 1st bully) but EBN
wrapped their arms around me and held me up and have not let me fall. Because of Davidh,
I adopted Cami, here almost 3 months, she is giving me bully love that as YOU know so well,
​is the BEST medicine! EBN is my GOD given family and a blessing to me forever.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh Jennifer...I have tears in my eyes reading your words. How very brave
of you to say what you (and your dear family) have endured...Bravo!

I've gone thru a breakdown too, brought on by 2 moves in 8 months, my Hubby
dying right beside me as I got him to the ER, Mother having a complete break
w/reality just after, Brutus having teeth cleaning and dying too (7 months after
adopting him and only 5 months after losing Stuart (at 52 y/o) and being disabled
with auto immune disease and caring for Mother who's dying now from Alzheimer's.

All this in 10 months time, it got back to me that a friend of my 25 y/o son, his parents
who DO NOT know me, suggested to my son that I needed psychiatric care. I replied,
Let them go thru what I've been thru and am dealing with THEN give me their opinion.

EBN and these members have done more for me than any doctors, any anti depressant,
or my MIA family~they have supported, loved and just listened to me...I am standing only
because of them & healing because of the kindness given me, in thoughts, prayers & deeds.
I had just joined when all this happened (because of adopting Brutus, my 1st bully) but EBN
wrapped their arms around me and held me up and have not let me fall. Because of Davidh,
I adopted Cami, here almost 3 months, she is giving me bully love that as YOU know so well,
​is the BEST medicine! EBN is my GOD given family and a blessing to me forever.

*smiling through tears* I know exactly where you have been!! We lost 6 people in our family in less than 9 months one of those was my baby sister who was mentally retarded she burned over 70% of her body and lived for two months in a coma before succumbing. We moved in with my mother in law after my father in law passed away. That did not help my stability any because not only was I having to be strong for my hubby but her as well my biological mother and the woman I call my mother! Caught my husband talking about an affair with another woman asking her to come to our home...well we have to leave that one for another time....I just had nothing left to give!!! My son's friends and my children have all been so supportive and of course that bully love is better therapy than anything I have tried! A muzzie or two during the day and knowing he loves me so much. Now I have all of you to share my bully stories with and it has helped tremendously that's why I am so appreciative! THANK YOU!!!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Well then there's nothing better to a bully than a chewably delectable kid, lol. Sounds like she's actually ok and him getting upset may upset her? My kid is all grown so I'm just guessing really. :)

She is ok, just has to learn my son is in charge too n it's taking her some time to realize it lol

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
I adopted Brutus, a 4 y/o male who'ed had multiple homes due to no fault
of his own and mostly crated & ignored. He didn't know how to play, with
toys or with me and had potty issues due to going in his crate all his life.

2 months into owning him, I wasn't feeling well and stayed in bed sleeping.

Hubby told me later that Mother, whose Alzheimer's was deepening, had
thought Brutus was her Pug (long gone) and she was pregnant and too fat!
She pulled him around all day, making him stay by her and calling him Puggy.
Although Brutus look confused he did her bidding all day and let himself be
pushed & pulled by a confused old woman he did not know, with gentleness
and love.

As Stuart recounted the day we were hysterical with laughter but so very
touched with this huge bear of a bully with a kind & loving heart for all.

Awww That is soo sweet :angelheart:

I havenoticed thst with Mia too! She is so good with kids...she just loves when they give her attention :luv:

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Awww That is soo sweet :angelheart:

I havenoticed thst with Mia too! She is so good with kids...she just loves when they give her attention :luv:

Sheldon loves kiddie attention he loves for them to pet him and hug him I have just never had him with babies before and he did better than I could have ever imagined he would!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

:hug: Well..you are here now! And we are better for it..and Sheldon won the lottery.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:hug: Well..you are here now! And we are better for it..and Sheldon won the lottery.
*giggling* I won the lottery!!! I feel so blessed, I am a better Mommy to Sheldon thanks to all of you! Today he was tearing around the house and playing like a puppy and I was giggling and he ran and jumped on my lap and sat there looking around like nothing was out of the ordinary. He jumped down and was running around grabbing his toys throwing them around to run over and grab a different one to throw then bark and growl it was so funny. I think his new food agree's with him LOL.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and the redness on his muzzle is all gone and I have been watching for itchy watery eyes and so far so good and he doesn't have as much :poo:. My husband is out of town tonight and Sheldon I guess thought it was his job to tell me it was time to get in bed because at nine o'clock he came to the living room and stood right in front of my chair barked at me and turned around and went to the bedroom and when I didn't get the message he came back in there sat down in front of me barked at me again and looked at me like I was stupid got up walked toward the hallway looked back at me walked a little farther looked back at me like he was saying would you come on all ready.:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online