Harlea Scare this Morning

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Awww your poor daugther... Its an awful feeling when you think you're the cause of their pain. So happy to hear though Harlea is doing great and there was no harm done

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh Man! I actually feel worse for your daughter ..it probably scared Harlea more than anything. But a good lesson for all..well..probably NOT Harlea!!! Just glad she is ok..AND :birthday: to your daughter!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
@JAKEISGREAT You are right while the humans learned something Harlea is probably thinking yes it hurt a bit but what a ride.... lol

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:ROFL: Let's hope she doesn't put two and two together and start throwing herself off the sofa! Well..after she can get ON the sofa that is!!! :laugh:

She is definitely trying that already and has slid off the couch once already. She has claimed the corner of our sectional and under the coffee table as her sleeping spots along with any other dog/cat bed she feels like laying on.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Lil brats keep us on our toes, for sure. lol Lets just say that with her luxated hips Amy isnt the most graceful. I always cringe when she takes a tumble but it never seems to phase her.... silly mutts!! :angelheart:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She is definitely trying that already and has slid off the couch once already. She has claimed the corner of our sectional and under the coffee table as her sleeping spots along with any other dog/cat bed she feels like laying on.

YUP! I am lucky if there is room for ME on Jake's sofa!!!

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Silly indeed. I think this pick sums it up that she is ok. she just got done playing in the mud.

Attachments

• Harlea Mud.jpg
    Harlea Mud.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 36

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
hi, im glad Harlea is okay. im sure she'll be fine. when I first brought my two babies home at 8 weeks old, the first night i had them out in front of the house, and all my neighbours came over to see the new pups. when we were going inside, i had Bulldozer in my arms, and i was trying to get Blossom to follow me, so i could bring them back inside. i bent over and Dozer got so excited, he wanted to get down and play with his sister, and he squirmed out of my arms. i have never in my life heard such screams from a dog before, it was ear piercing, and he just wailed for a good 10 minutes, i was crying, my neighbour came running across the complex, and grabbed him from me, she was crying too, and she began massaging his thigh. Thank goodness I was bent over, so it was closer to the ground, plus it was on the front lawn, so the grass was softer than pavement. we thought he had landed on his hip area, but after taking him to the vet, and two xrays, we realized it was his foot/paw, nothing was broken thank goodness, it was a soft tissue/ bruise injury. he got some pain meeds, and an anti inflammatory, and we had to keep him quiet for 5 days. He favored that foot, and wouldnt walk on it for a couple of days, then he started to limp on it, and after 5 days he was walking fine again. i felt so bad, and cried so much that I had hurt my baby. it happens, and its an accident, but we still feel bad when it does happen. dont feel so bad, she will be fine.

Last edited:

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Oh man! Daisy has done that a few times. I still carry her around shes 15lbs now and she FTFO the other day when some one came to the door. I almost lost her. Shes so crazy. I have tons of scratched cuz I held her down , but Id rather that then her getting hurt! And no... They never learn! lol Glad shes ok :)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] thank you for sharing your experience. it was terrifying for sure with my wife and daughter in tears and me asking what had happened to seeing Harlea just sitting there not wanting to move. She is a tough cookie and with the updates I have been getting throughout the day she is back to her normal self like nothing ever happened.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So glad she is ok!!! Give her muzzies for me

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy all are OK, but that is quite the scare for sure..... hugs to Harlea and happy b-day to your daughter

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thank you. We are back to normal now and she is having her after dinner nap after playing with a mean old coke bottle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online