The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We had a big scare with Harlea this morning. My daughter was holding her at the patio door to take her out after her breakfast and my wife walked in to the room with Harlea's food dish which the whole family has been warned not to do and she went all super squiggly worm thinking it was time to eat again and jumped out of my daughters arms from about 2 feet above our patio and landed on her side on the door mat below. She wimpered and limped for a few minutes and I checked her over and after some poking and prodding to feel for anything broken, displaced or swollen she proceeded lick my face as if she was saying I'm ok dad. Needless to say I was freaking at first and my daughter was crying thinking she had done a horrible deed, but 5 minutes later she was running, hopping and playing like nothing had happened. It has now been a couple of hours and she is still going at 100 mph so we are keeping a close eye on her right now and at the first sign of any pain or discomfort off to the vet she goes. This was not the way we intended to stat off my daughters 15th birthday......

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh how scary! Your poor daughter... These accidents happen. Pups r tougher than we think, hope she isnt too sore this morning.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh how scary! Your poor daughter... These accidents happen. Pups r tougher than we think, hope she isnt too sore this morning.
I was surprised. At first I thought she had broken her leg, but after a few minutes it was like nothing happened. Not even a limp.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Wow! I would have freaked out too! So glad Harlea is ok and I hoe your daughter's birthday is a big success! :)

Last edited:
OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I doubt it as well. I just reiterated to my daughter that you have to hold he in such a way that she can't do that and if you feel she is going to jump like that again you have to get her as close to the ground as quickly as you can.

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow! I would have freaked out too! So glad Harlea is ok and I hoe your daughter's birthday s a big success! :)

She is still a bit upset, but she is on her way to the barn to spend the day riding and playing with horses so she will be fine in a few hours. I just hopes she waits a bit before she starts jumping fences though... :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Awww..I'm sure once she starts having a good time she will relax and truly have a wonderful birthday!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Glad that Harlea is okay... We had a litter of pups, and some of them were super squirmy jumpers w/no fear whatsoever. Used to scare me to death too :whew:
Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's scary, Todd! I'm glad to hear that Harlea is a-okay now tho! These little bullies sure keep us on our toes don't they!?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Lucky for me she goes to work with my wife during the day so she is keeping a close eye on her and the last update I got from her a few minutes ago is that she was jumping and running around like usual so she is obviously doing ok. Still scary as can be though. I felt like such a bad daddy.

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Awwww.......poor baby!!! Thank goodness she is ok and the birthday went on as planned. Bully's are like babies. Sweet, Innocent, and unpredictable sometimes............ But always precious!!!

ltpyro

Jul 9, 2013
Anaheim, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinnamon and Pepper
I know the feeling. Had my girlfriend's mom drop pepper once cause she got all squiggly, landed on the tile floor. Scared the crap outa me. But, like everone says... bullies are tough and she just shook it off and started to play. Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday and get lots of doggy kisses!!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Happy birthday to you daughter. Dudley and I are glad Harlea seems to be doing okay. These dogs will be the death of us, right?:whew:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Happy birthday to you daughter. Dudley and I are glad Harlea seems to be doing okay. These dogs will be the death of us, right?:whew:
Thank you. I couldn't agree more. She is doing fine. My wife just sent me a picture that Harlea just finished playing in the mud and needs a bath. All is good right now so I am starting to calm down.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.