Does your bulldog get mad when you leave?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I've never noticed ours being different, but don't let Bebe know we are going, because she will want to go. They sure are happy when we come back though.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon loves to ride and the other day I had to move my vehicle from the front to back and Sheldon decided I wasn't going without him so I put him in the vehicle and drove him around the block LOL

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer will bark at me if I dont turn the TV on before I leave for work. Also he will stare out the bedroom window until he sees my car pull away lol.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Funny! Mine get pouty before we leave on a normal basis but if we r getting ready to go out of town they are plain sad. They can tell when we start packing our camping stuff like that week ahead and the change in them is just sad. Poor pups. I think being a stay at home mom doesn't help cuz they r really used to having us here most the time.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if sarah sees me taking a shower she knows im leaving and will run into the bedroom and lay down and pout. if i dont take a shower but just put on my shoes n get my keys she runs to the door and if i say no you cant go she runs to the living room and pouts on her pillow. she is fine when we get home however. :)

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
I went to work out of town and for the first two weeks I was gone my wife said April would go to the door around four o-clock and sit and wait and if she was let out she would set where I park my truck and look down the drive waiting for me to pull in 20120916163529.jpg this is the pic she texted me when i got off work -but when i got home the first friday all I got was STINK EYE for about an hour and when i called her she would turn her head and look away

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
We have to be carefull when we move her collar when it jingles she thinks its time for a RIDE !!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I went to work out of town and for the first two weeks I was gone my wife said April would go to the door around four o-clock and sit and wait and if she was let out she would set where I park my truck and look down the drive waiting for me to pull in View attachment 49291 this is the pic she texted me when i got off work -but when i got home the first friday all I got was STINK EYE for about an hour and when i called her she would turn her head and look away

She is sooooooo super beautiful!!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Omg...Mack HATES when we leave. Every morning when I kiss Pete goodbye Mack starts pacing and gets frantic. I try to shut him in the bed room with Pete bc otherwise he squeezes out the screen door and stands in the way of the path to my car, or if I try to beat him to the door he nips at my shoes. Then if he is alone too long he knocks over the baby gates to get into the kitchen garbage. And spreads the contents all over the kitchen. So we have started taking the kitchen garbage to the garage if no-one is going to be home. He never chews anything, unless there is cardboard or paper products left in his reach while we are gone. Shoeboxes, books, and one time a brand new package of toilet paper end up shredded into a million pieces while we are gone. If the bf gets mad though, my answer is well you shouldnt have left it where he will get it! We think he prefers paper and cardboard bc its all his one snaggle tooth can easily break lol. None of these bad behaviors exist when we are home all weekend though. It's almost like separation anxiety. But then other times I walk in the door and he its peacefully sleeping on the floor by the door or better yet the new couch where he knows he isnt allowed...it's really unpredictable!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have been out of the country in China for ten days. I hired a dog walker to come over daily in the morning and take the dogs to the park near my home. Bea knows the dog walker -- he's also my garden waterer when I'm gone --- and he's my neighbor too who they love to see when we're out together. Bea would NOT go on the walk. IF he could get her out of her crate or off her stinky blanket, she would plop her butt down in the driveway and refuse to move. According to grandma, who was babysitting, she didn't react when visitors came over and had to be cajoled into going outside to pee or to eat her supper. Bo was fine. He moped around a bit but it was Bea who would not play, take treats or do much of anything besides mope in her crate. Now, are dogs capable of moping? I dunno. It looks like that but maybe it's just sadness that the pack leader is gone? I dunno.

I did see two VERY happy dogs when I got home though and they're not letting me out of their sight this morning! :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.