Does your bulldog get mad when you leave?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I always crack up because cutty gets so mad at us when we leave to go out of town. I have a friend who house sits for us and the pups get extra spoiled when we r gone but cutty still holds a grudge.... He starts grumbling before we leave and when we come back we get greeted by the usual crazy love and excitement. Once that is over tho he is grumpy! He will come sit and snuggle me the whole time grumbling. Takes until bedtime to be over it and by morning all is good again. It cracks me up! Anyone else's pups act like this?

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is mad at us non-stop for even just not looking at her. The other night she was laying on the couch sleeping and my husband was laughing at something and woke her up. if looks could kill he would be dead. He apologized too hahahahahaha. She was hateful towards him after that.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ruthie is mad at us non-stop for even just not looking at her. The other night she was laying on the couch sleeping and my husband was laughing at something and woke her up. if looks could kill he would be dead. He apologized too hahahahahaha. She was hateful towards him after that.
:LMAO: sounds like you need a video of her attitude! Funny!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby doesn't get mad when we leave him. He just gives you that sad bully face like what do you mean I'm not coming with. He does get mad however if you leave then come back because you forgot something. This happened this past Friday and he took his anger out on the corner of one of the cupboards in the kitchen :mad:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22

I did that with Harlea the other day. She was sleeping and I accidentally woke her up. The look she gave me could have pierced steel. I just chuckled and told her I was sorry for waking the princess.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie gets pouty when we leave her alone for any amount of time. She barks a bit, but then gives you the sad look. The only time she gets mad is when she is sleeping and my hubby moves her. She growls w this raccoon like sound n then goes back to sleep. She is very vocal..lets the vet know exactly how she feels when they do anything she doesn't like n then gives me 'the stare' for letting it happen

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nope... Banks couldn't careless especially if she already had her meal for the morning. I picture her sau=ying.... SEE YA! don't come back till around 6:00 PM, I need my dinner.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde doesn't get mad....more like sad...he does the droopy face, eyes like " WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME" and always so excited to see me when i get back....makes me smile!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
"once the grumpy is over" :laugh: That's pretty funny that they get grumpy. I can't say that my crew does since both of us have never been gone at the same time. We'll find out in October though how they react. :eek:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:2thumbs: sounds like you have a prima donna there. Awesome!!! Our bullies are quite the quirky ones aren't they? :D

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My husband says that if I leave Sheldon he pouts and sits in front of the door looking out till I get home.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
My husband says that if I leave Sheldon he pouts and sits in front of the door looking out till I get home.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Roflmao. That is pitiful Jennifer, you shouldn't ought a do your baby like that !! lol. They have a way of letting you know their not happy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Roflmao. That is pitiful Jennifer, you shouldn't ought a do your baby like that !! lol. They have a way of letting you know their not happy for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Oh for sure! Mommy is so super mean for leaving her baby in the air conditioning where he has cold water and food and bed....Mean ol' Mommy!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
OMG YES! The Diva decides gets in an absolute snit! She will not come to me and consorts to sleeping in her kennel and refusing to come to the human bed until the wee hours of the morning when I am fast asleep! She acts so outraged that I have abandoned her. Never mind that she is spoiled rotten by my parents who dog sit her!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo has figured out that if I use my hair dryer to dry my hair, it means I'm leaving the house. So as soon as it goes on, he walks in the bathroom, looks at me with sad eyes, turns around, goes straight to his house and doesn't talk to me anymore until I'm walking out the door (only to give me goodbye kisses) then sulks away to the couch :( it makes me sad to know he's sad but I have to leave the house sometimes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online