Stupid questions people ask

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
When Jackson was young, we had him neutered and his dewclaws removed (they grew funny and were causing problems). A day or two after his surgeries we took him to Petland, to get something for him. I was carrying him around with his cone on and his front legs all bandaged when a family came up to me and asked me what had happened. I told them that he had tried to commit suicide, and that was why he was all bandaged up. I waited for them to say "really?" or "no way", but they completely believed me!!! I heard them later discussing how sad it was with some other customers as I walked around the store.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
Geeze what is wrong with people?! I was raised that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I'm glad I can read you guys' stories and prepare for the stupid but also sometimes kind things people will say about my sweet June.

I also hope I can keep my mouth shut if someone says something mean about her... But no promises!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I ran into a couple with a bulldog puppy the other day--cutest little thing! I hate to say that some of the questions the woman was asking me made me worried for her puppy. The blank stare they gave me when I told them about how Mable had been used by a breeder and then discarded when they were done with her set off some alarms in my head. But there was Mabel in her pink harness, pink leash, and pink bandanna. The woman asked, "So what is his name?" I must have confused her then, because I answered, "HIS name is Mabel." I think she is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Oh now that is funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

Good on her for sticking up for her bullie siblings 😃

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'd had to make him think. I'd said "British Bull Dog" or wouldn't have commented at all. Try that one on for Irish lol

We call them British Bulldogs here in Australia

Ftse 100

Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Last year while shopping in a sketchers store in America there was a pic I think if I remember correctly a frenchie and I was smiling at the pic and the salesgirl looked at me strange I said I have a EBD back home in Australia and she said oh we call them pugs here that made me laugh

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

This is one of the best comments I have ever read! I hate it when people say they think my bully is ugly. I always smile and say everyone is entitled to their own opinion. When in my head I am thinking you not all that cute yourself or why are you asking if you can pet him? SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Last year while shopping in a sketchers store in America there was a pic I think if I remember correctly a frenchie and I was smiling at the pic and the salesgirl looked at me strange I said I have a EBD back home in Australia and she said oh we call them pugs here that made me laugh

Oh the famous Pug line... that's all I can say about that

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
So we moved into our new house about 11 months ago and there was this car that would drive by pretty often... first it was a mom, then mom and son, then mom, son and daughter, then mom, son daughter and dad. They stopped at the end of our driveway and we asking the most off the wall questions 1. Is he home by himself a lot? ( I said no thinking why are you planning on stealing our dog 2. How long can they be kenneled before they need to go outside like 11 hours? 3. Why do they have such squished faces? 4. Why do they breath like that? Then she proceeds to tell us that they are thinking about getting one! WTH I told her to make sure that they did research because this isn't a take me home and I am good kind of breed.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
So we moved into our new house about 11 months ago and there was this car that would drive by pretty often... first it was a mom, then mom and son, then mom, son and daughter, then mom, son daughter and dad. They stopped at the end of our driveway and we asking the most off the wall questions 1. Is he home by himself a lot? ( I said no thinking why are you planning on stealing our dog 2. How long can they be kenneled before they need to go outside like 11 hours? 3. Why do they have such squished faces? 4. Why do they breath like that? Then she proceeds to tell us that they are thinking about getting one! WTH I told her to make sure that they did research because this isn't a take me home and I am good kind of breed.

Lmbo!! That first question would have put me on my guard too!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack always gets really positive attention wherever we go, I really think if someone ever walked up to us and told me he was ugly I woukdnt be abke to prevent "you are too" or "and he still is cuter than you" from coming out of my mouth haha, wonder what they would say!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack always gets really positive attention wherever we go, I really think if someone ever walked up to us and told me he was ugly I woukdnt be abke to prevent "you are too" or "and he still is cuter than you" from coming out of my mouth haha, wonder what they would say!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't know what I would say if someone told me my baby was ugly. Probably in my most Southern Belle accent "Momma taught me if I couldn't say something nice I shouldn't say anything at all, in your case though I'll make an exception, because he certainly seems to be nicer than you I don't see him walking around giving his unsolicited opinion on your looks which I am sure in his eyes must not be very handsome either.

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
This is one that just happened a few hours ago. We took Harlea to PetSmart to get her a new collar and this lay walks up and says we should be locked up for breeding such a horrendous looking pug and that it must have been crossed somewhere with a boxer or something. I asked her if she even knew what a pug looks like and all she could say was not like what you are holding. My reply was you're right a pug does look different than my bany because she is an English Bulldog. She replied that she had never heard of the breed and it must be some new cross. I just shook my head and right then my wife blurted out lady why don't you go down isle 6 where all the books are and look at the first one on letf and them proceed to /faceplam youself because you ma'ma are a moron to the 100th degree. The lady got a look of horror on her face as all the cashiers and other customers start laughing at her. Some people....

Some people just need a high five! In the face. With the "EB manual" all our babies supposedly come with!

Tried to branch out on fb, joined an EB group. Apparently everyone's an expert. NOT LIKE HERE!! Like some real bonafide card carryin' experts. Girl the other day says that she thinks her bully is too small at 8 (I think) months and 40#. But the vet says he's happy, healthy, etc... Now down here in the south I'm no expert... But if my vet says he's healthy and I trust my vet...

So anyway I tell her that I think he's beautiful. A lady comments and said that she needs to read the manual an STANDARD EB size is this that and the other. Totally rude, IMO and Dexter didn't come with a manual (til I found here at least) THEN, to put the cherry on top, the next EXPERT says, "don't forget there are different breeds of EB."
And it's just too hot down here for me to be worried about all the different possible breeds of the EB. Far as I knew, EB is EB....

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Some people just need a high five! In the face. With the "EB manual" all our babies supposedly come with!

Tried to branch out on fb, joined an EB group. Apparently everyone's an expert. NOT LIKE HERE!! Like some real bonafide card carryin' experts. Girl the other day says that she thinks her bully is too small at 8 (I think) months and 40#. But the vet says he's happy, healthy, etc... Now down here in the south I'm no expert... But if my vet says he's healthy and I trust my vet...

So anyway I tell her that I think he's beautiful. A lady comments and said that she needs to read the manual an STANDARD EB size is this that and the other. Totally rude, IMO and Dexter didn't come with a manual (til I found here at least) THEN, to put the cherry on top, the next EXPERT says, "don't forget there are different breeds of EB."
And it's just too hot down here for me to be worried about all the different possible breeds of the EB. Far as I knew, EB is EB....

This was on FB? Bahahahaha I am literally rolling at these "experts". Manual??? :rofl:

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
When Jackson was young, we had him neutered and his dewclaws removed (they grew funny and were causing problems). A day or two after his surgeries we took him to Petland, to get something for him. I was carrying him around with his cone on and his front legs all bandaged when a family came up to me and asked me what had happened. I told them that he had tried to commit suicide, and that was why he was all bandaged up. I waited for them to say "really?" or "no way", but they completely believed me!!! I heard them later discussing how sad it was with some other customers as I walked around the store.

That is HILARIOUS, I read it aloud to my husband and daughters and we all got a huge laugh!!

The pizza delivery guy took one look at Gus and nearly screamed, "OH MY GOD AN ENGLISH BULLDOG!" Now, he always insists on being the one to deliver to our house so he can pet Gus.

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I took a picture so I could ask why he was talking about!!!! Lol. Tried to blur out the names but that's too much work ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375379143.067097.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.