Stupid questions people ask

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I don't get a lot of stupid questions, but I do get a lot of pointing fingers and laughing!! The one thing that stands out is when we were up-north and some people came up and started talking to me about Dually and asking questions and saying how great he was. However, the kept insisting that he was a miniature bulldog? Keep in mind that he is 58lbs and there is nothing miniature about him!! People are crazy!!

I get asked all the time if my Boxer is a pitbull!! To me she looks nothing like a pitbull!!

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Sometimes I get boxers & pits mixed up. I think it's their similarly beautiful facial structure.... I'm guilty as charged. Lol

And you're right!! At 58# of fury there's nothing miniature about your baby! People say how BIG Dexter is all the time and he's 40#!!!! Crazy

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I always loved your daughter but I think now I'm her #1 fan!!!! :ROFL:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lol; Kristana does have a way with words. She can be hilarious; there is no end to antics in our house between her and her two bully sisters. lol!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.

:rofl: literally!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
While Rook and I were on a walk, a man yelled across the street to ask if Rook was a British or English Bulldog. I thought this was kind of a silly question... Like asking if the carbonated beverage you're drinking is a soda or a pop. But I had to give him credit for getting the breed right, until he followed up with, "does that mean he is from overseas?" Since Rook was born in Montreal, it turns out he is actually a Canadian bulldog. Lol!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Stupidest question I ever got was some lady in our building asked me if Tubby should be muzzled because he's a pit bull.

Close to mine - "Is that a pitbull?"

Or, one of my favorites, "How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Close to mine - "Is that a pitbull?"

Or, one of my favorites, "How much did you pay for that bulldog?"

I really wonder sometimes what kind of pitbulls people see to think bulldogs even come close to resembling a pitty

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I have had it all as well, from "is that a mutant boxer", "should he be muzzled" thinking he was a pitbull, "he looks so mean", "Is that a staffy?" "That is only a face a mother could love" etc.etc. But on the other hand I have had so many great comments, "he is the best looking dog", " what a great dog" and just yesterday a lady parked next to my car stopped a runaway trolley from hitting my car when I thanked her she said " with a great looking dog like that, what else was I suppose to do,", that was cool.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I continue to be amazed by what people will ask...but I must say, I do love it when I'm walking Dudley and someone drives by, stops, backs up and rolls down the window to tell me what a "good looking" dog he is!!:D

I stopped doing that bc when I first moved into my new house, I stopped and told someone his pitbull was beautiful and his response was "so are you" and it kinda wierded me ouy, and then I was like darn, if he walks this way and recognizes my car in the driveway now he knows where I live! But I'm paranoid about strangers, even ines with beautifuk dogs haha

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
This is one that just happened a few hours ago. We took Harlea to PetSmart to get her a new collar and this lay walks up and says we should be locked up for breeding such a horrendous looking pug and that it must have been crossed somewhere with a boxer or something. I asked her if she even knew what a pug looks like and all she could say was not like what you are holding. My reply was you're right a pug does look different than my bany because she is an English Bulldog. She replied that she had never heard of the breed and it must be some new cross. I just shook my head and right then my wife blurted out lady why don't you go down isle 6 where all the books are and look at the first one on letf and them proceed to /faceplam youself because you ma'ma are a moron to the 100th degree. The lady got a look of horror on her face as all the cashiers and other customers start laughing at her. Some people....

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
This is one that just happened a few hours ago. We took Harlea to PetSmart to get her a new collar and this lay walks up and says we should be locked up for breeding such a horrendous looking pug and that it must have been crossed somewhere with a boxer or something. I asked her if she even knew what a pug looks like and all she could say was not like what you are holding. My reply was you're right a pug does look different than my bany because she is an English Bulldog. She replied that she had never heard of the breed and it must be some new cross. I just shook my head and right then my wife blurted out lady why don't you go down isle 6 where all the books are and look at the first one on letf and them proceed to /faceplam youself because you ma'ma are a moron to the 100th degree. The lady got a look of horror on her face as all the cashiers and other customers start laughing at her. Some people....

Lmbo :yell: what the heck?!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

You've got to be making this up?!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You've got to be making this up?!

I wish I was. Tall Tales are not in my blood. This person was beyond belief. If I wouldn't have been laughing or holding Harlea I would have had my phone out capturing it on video.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)

Your wife just became my hero!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy

OMG! Your wife is awesome. I so wish I could of witnessed that... lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.