Stupid questions people ask

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.

omg lol....makes you wonder about people !

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I get annoyed when people do the :eek: step back, hands up and shreeeek "Are they mean?!?"

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

Your daughter just stole my :heart:!!! please give her a big :hug: and tell her that's a great point she made!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my im constantly amazed at people and how rude they can be and well just plain stupid. im amazed at the ugly comments because ive never had anything but compliments on sarah when i take her out. everyone wants to pet her and love her. some are a bit scared of her but thats mostly small children. :blink:

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I just can't get over how "ugly" some people think they are! I'm sorry but a long snout just isn't for me, I have to have that loud grunting, snoring, and breathing to feel at home. Then again, I was raised with Bostons and Pugs and did rescue work for a Pug rescue so perhaps I was 'born' this way LOL

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie has gotten a lot of compliments tho. That really does feel good. I have had ppl say how cute and pretty she is ..for a bulldog...lol and also that her underbite is adorable and that she has a wonderful personality. Really only that one person that just went on n on about y would u rly want one cos of how ugly n mean they look.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

Smart daughter you have! :clap2:

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Took Ella to the 4th of July parade (She did great by the way) but some people came up and asked about my Boxer, I told them no, she was an English Bulldog. Ah ah, pet pet pet, walk away. Later they tell their friends they got to meet the cute Boxer puppy, as they point to Ella.
Some people *Eye Roll*

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If we go somewhere and dexter is doing the excited breathing/panting deal people will ask why he's growling at them.

Or they'll ask: "can he breathe?" I told one lady "no, we thought we'd just sit here an wait for him to suffocate"

:rofl: you go.... stupid questions get stupid answers!!!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I ran into a couple with a bulldog puppy the other day--cutest little thing! I hate to say that some of the questions the woman was asking me made me worried for her puppy. The blank stare they gave me when I told them about how Mable had been used by a breeder and then discarded when they were done with her set off some alarms in my head. But there was Mabel in her pink harness, pink leash, and pink bandanna. The woman asked, "So what is his name?" I must have confused her then, because I answered, "HIS name is Mabel." I think she is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Hmmmm I'd be worried to

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I always loved your daughter but I think now I'm her #1 fan!!!! :ROFL:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was out in my yard with Hooch and my neighbor asked "Is that an Irish bulldog?" I said "No, it's an English Bulldog." Without missing a beat, he replied "I always wanted an Irish Bulldog" OMG!!! haha

Omg that is funny, I think I would've asked them to tell me more about the breed!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
The most annoying thing I get is: "I always wanted one of those! Are they expensive?!"

I just offer to let them babysit one weekend. Funny nobody ever takes me up on that.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.