Stupid questions people ask

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.
That's super funny. I can only imagine the looks on their faces.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie

:2thumbs: :clap2:

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So the other day I am walking dozer and usually if its just us I will let go of the leash and let him run around a bit. I didnt notice that one of my neighbors had pulled up and he ran over to her because he loves everyone and just wanted some attention. As soon as she saw him she dropped to the ground curled up into the fetal position and started screaming help. Mind you this whole I wasnt more then 10 feet from him. The weird part was she has actually met dozer before and has pet him. I was so confused and so was dozer he just walked away from her so confused thinking he did something wrong. I didnt want to laugh but omg it was so funny because I have never seen anyone scared of dozer before.

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
I was out in my yard with Hooch and my neighbor asked "Is that an Irish bulldog?" I said "No, it's an English Bulldog." Without missing a beat, he replied "I always wanted an Irish Bulldog" OMG!!! haha

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.

When I used to carry Ramsay, people thought he was a stuffed animal all the time! They'd ask "Is that a real dog?!"

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Couuple weeks ago we were at Fido Fest here in Milw. It's a huge get together for all breeds and because our meet up group promoted it to our members there were a lot of bullies there. Hundreds of dogs and dog activities. I think thruout the afternoon we got 'all of the above' stupid questions and many more. Also got stopped about every ten feet because people wanted to take pix.... maybe it was the girls' dresses,, LOL Fun time but people sure can be dumb at times. ;)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] I thought it was funny and chuckled as I was walking back to the front door.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I was out in my yard with Hooch and my neighbor asked "Is that an Irish bulldog?" I said "No, it's an English Bulldog." Without missing a beat, he replied "I always wanted an Irish Bulldog" OMG!!! haha

I'd had to make him think. I'd said "British Bull Dog" or wouldn't have commented at all. Try that one on for Irish lol

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Now Dexter is small for his age at 40# but he's not that small. I get a is he still a puppy? And the pit bull thing all the time... Some people just don't know their breeds.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I continue to be amazed by what people will ask...but I must say, I do love it when I'm walking Dudley and someone drives by, stops, backs up and rolls down the window to tell me what a "good looking" dog he is!!:D
I absolutely love that the people in my neighborhood do this and they stop when I have him out to say he has grown and what a beautiful dog he has gotten to be. So far I haven't had any stupid questions myself and my all time number one favorite is he is absolutely beautiful what breeder did you get him from I want to contact them to get one.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy

What a good girl! You have raised her right!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't remember where I heard it(probably from EBN), but a good reply to this phrase that people say often: Bulldogs are so agly that they are almost beautilful is...you're so stupid that you're almost smart...

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I've gotten all everyone of those questions: asking if they're pitbulls, they're so ugly they're cute, a face only a mother could love, aren't they sick and die young, etc. But luckily 95% of the time I get compliments on how adorable they are! Actually just the other day I was getting gas and the guy parked next to me opened his window and pointed at Gio laughing saying he was the best looking dog he has ever seen, he then asked if I bred him because he wanted one of Gio's puppies! I don't breed any of my dogs but right before he left he said he was going right home to beg his wife to get a bulldog! I was really flattered at how excited this guy and his daughter got over Gio!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.