Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stupid questions people ask

Quote Originally Posted by HoochsMom View Post
    I was out in my yard with Hooch and my neighbor asked "Is that an Irish bulldog?" I said "No, it's an English Bulldog." Without missing a beat, he replied "I always wanted an Irish Bulldog" OMG!!! haha
    I'd had to make him think. I'd said "British Bull Dog" or wouldn't have commented at all. Try that one on for Irish lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Now Dexter is small for his age at 40# but he's not that small. I get a is he still a puppy? And the pit bull thing all the time... Some people just don't know their breeds.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DudleysMom View Post
    I continue to be amazed by what people will ask...but I must say, I do love it when I'm walking Dudley and someone drives by, stops, backs up and rolls down the window to tell me what a "good looking" dog he is!!
    I absolutely love that the people in my neighborhood do this and they stop when I have him out to say he has grown and what a beautiful dog he has gotten to be. So far I haven't had any stupid questions myself and my all time number one favorite is he is absolutely beautiful what breeder did you get him from I want to contact them to get one.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

What a good girl! You have raised her right!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

I don't remember where I heard it(probably from EBN), but a good reply to this phrase that people say often: Bulldogs are so agly that they are almost beautilful is...you're so stupid that you're almost smart...

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I've gotten all everyone of those questions: asking if they're pitbulls, they're so ugly they're cute, a face only a mother could love, aren't they sick and die young, etc. But luckily 95% of the time I get compliments on how adorable they are! Actually just the other day I was getting gas and the guy parked next to me opened his window and pointed at Gio laughing saying he was the best looking dog he has ever seen, he then asked if I bred him because he wanted one of Gio's puppies! I don't breed any of my dogs but right before he left he said he was going right home to beg his wife to get a bulldog! I was really flattered at how excited this guy and his daughter got over Gio!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Doggie Boutique Owner FORDE'SMOM's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Forde
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.
    omg lol....makes you wonder about people !

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I get annoyed when people do the step back, hands up and shreeeek "Are they mean?!?"
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.
    Your daughter just stole my !!! please give her a big and tell her that's a great point she made!!!
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my im constantly amazed at people and how rude they can be and well just plain stupid. im amazed at the ugly comments because ive never had anything but compliments on sarah when i take her out. everyone wants to pet her and love her. some are a bit scared of her but thats mostly small children.

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

I just can't get over how "ugly" some people think they are! I'm sorry but a long snout just isn't for me, I have to have that loud grunting, snoring, and breathing to feel at home. Then again, I was raised with Bostons and Pugs and did rescue work for a Pug rescue so perhaps I was 'born' this way LOL

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs4me View Post
    I get annoyed when people do the step back, hands up and shreeeek "Are they mean?!?"

And to that I would reply, "Horribly! You should run while you can NOW!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads