Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stupid questions people ask

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    I heard the same thing a long time ago when I was talking to my friends about getting a bully. I just told them that bully pups are cute when they are small but the uglier you think they get as they grow older the more beautiful they are to me and those that love the breed.

Perfect statement

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TomVan View Post
    I think I'd tell the lady, "Shhh, he thinks he's a bulldog."
    Lol that's fantastic!!

I know my baby is beautiful, smart and loyal. If someone really doesn't know I educate them about the breed and answer their questions...but there are just some there's no helping

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

I continue to be amazed by what people will ask...but I must say, I do love it when I'm walking Dudley and someone drives by, stops, backs up and rolls down the window to tell me what a "good looking" dog he is!!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.

Real Name
    Tabatha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Guinevere, Little Be
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Lol; I had our daughter with us the other day at Petsmart and in our house the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Anyway, we had both Amber and Ruby with us walking around and a young couple had a baby and a two year old in the cart and as we walked by my daughter heard the couple say "those are some ugly dogs, I don't understand why people like them." Well, before I could say anything my daughter (10 years old) took offense to the comment and walked over to the cart where their children were and said, "Are these your children?" the couple replies, yes and my daughter without missing a beat says, "I hope they are prettier when they grow up because they sure are ugly now." The couple tells her she isn't very nice and my daugther says neither are you for the things you said about my bulldogs, doesn't feel very good does it?" I was speechless but they did get the point, apologies were made and we went on our way. Leave it to a child to tell it like it is.
    That's super funny. I can only imagine the looks on their faces.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post

Real Name
    RYAN
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

So the other day I am walking dozer and usually if its just us I will let go of the leash and let him run around a bit. I didnt notice that one of my neighbors had pulled up and he ran over to her because he loves everyone and just wanted some attention. As soon as she saw him she dropped to the ground curled up into the fetal position and started screaming help. Mind you this whole I wasnt more then 10 feet from him. The weird part was she has actually met dozer before and has pet him. I was so confused and so was dozer he just walked away from her so confused thinking he did something wrong. I didnt want to laugh but omg it was so funny because I have never seen anyone scared of dozer before.
    How could you not love a bulldog?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooch
    Likes (Received)

I was out in my yard with Hooch and my neighbor asked "Is that an Irish bulldog?" I said "No, it's an English Bulldog." Without missing a beat, he replied "I always wanted an Irish Bulldog" OMG!!! haha

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ramsay
    Likes (Received)

I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.
    When I used to carry Ramsay, people thought he was a stuffed animal all the time! They'd ask "Is that a real dog?!"

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Couuple weeks ago we were at Fido Fest here in Milw. It's a huge get together for all breeds and because our meet up group promoted it to our members there were a lot of bullies there. Hundreds of dogs and dog activities. I think thruout the afternoon we got 'all of the above' stupid questions and many more. Also got stopped about every ten feet because people wanted to take pix.... maybe it was the girls' dresses,, LOL Fun time but people sure can be dumb at times.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

I was carrying Harlea the other day in the front yard while she was sleeping and another lady walking her dog asking why a grown man was carrying a stuffed animal around.

I'd take that as a compliment Todd!! Lmao

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Casper I thought it was funny and chuckled as I was walking back to the front door.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads