ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston scared me to death last night... We had gone for a short walk around 8pm, and I mean about 15 minutes and it was getting dark. He LOVES to eat things, and unfortunately I couldn't really see what he was up to... I don't know if he ate something, but he started throwing up. Mind you I was alone w/my boxer Roxie & Winston, and thankfully we were super close to the house. I carried him straight to the backyard to get him in his kiddie pool to cool off. I wasn't sure if it was heat stroke, or that he had swallowed something (or got overexcited...) but I checked his mouth and found nothing. I'm so grateful that I had read in this forum about using the lemon juice to keep the white phlegm at bay, I gave him a squirt of that and it REALLY helped. Of course all night I was a mess worrying about him, but he woke up this morning like nothing happened :cursing:

On another note... I have a boxer that is full of energy & of course Winston, and sometimes it's really hard to keep them both exercised when the boxer is so much more active than the bully. Winston wants to do everything w/Roxie, but now I'm afraid to take him for walks in the summertime. Does anyone else have this issue?!! I feel bad leaving Winston out, but I feel I have to especially after last nights drama... :eek:

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I don't have another higher energy breed, but 1 of my bullies likes to take longer walks and the other one doesn't really like to leave the step when its warm outside, but I cant really leave her on the step so I have to put her by herself inside while I take the other out for a walk. I feel bad about it, but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Winston probably just was chewing on some grass or something and it triggered the gag reflex, mine do that when they are outside and often throw up abit or start to gag.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Otis and Athena (my dane) like to chase and eat lightening bugs. That makes ME want to throw up. Same thing? lol

Walks early in the day or evening are fine. I wouldn't do a 5 mile run with them for 15-30 minutes before or after the sun peaks is good for them. It's exercise and the vitamin D is good for their skin. Just remember to always carry a bottle of water with you.

These guys sure know how to worry us don't they? I'm glad he is ok.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Awww Tracey so sorry to hear Winston gave you a scare like that!!! We don't have another dog at home unfortunately, so I can't speak to that. I do know that when Tubby goes to play with his half brother we do have to separate them occassionally so they can have a little rest or else they would go none stop

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Otis and Athena (my dane) like to chase and eat lightening bugs. That makes ME want to throw up. Same thing? lol

Walks early in the day or evening are fine. I wouldn't do a 5 mile run with them for 15-30 minutes before or after the sun peaks is good for them. It's exercise and the vitamin D is good for their skin. Just remember to always carry a bottle of water with you.

These guys sure know how to worry us don't they? I'm glad he is ok.

I swear I was ready to throw up after last night... LOL
He seems fine today, I'm keeping a super eagle eye on him. It really scared me, I swear I will be on blood pressure meds SOON!!! :whew:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear that he is ok. Maybe he ate a little to much last night?

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I swear I was ready to throw up after last night... LOL
He seems fine today, I'm keeping a super eagle eye on him. It really scared me, I swear I will be on blood pressure meds SOON!!! :whew:

Awwwww! So glad he (and you) are better today!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] ... what did he throw up? Was it white foam or his food?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
was it just that one time?
Yep... I think he got overheated because we were on a short walk. It was 8pm, but it was humid out unfortunately...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... I think he got overheated because we were on a short walk. It was 8pm, but it was humid out unfortunately...

good... hope he is feeling better then!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.