Clever things they do:)

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I don't think they have a lack of intelligence, I think it just appears that they do because they are stubborn and do what they want when they want. :)

Tonka actually learns tricks faster than any other dog I have tried to teach. When he was a little puppy I was going to teach him to sit and I literally made a downward hand gesture and said sit and was going to push his little butt down but he sat instantly. After the praise, he just kept doing it. A friend of mine was playing with Tonka one night and snapped his fingers in front of Tonka and Tonka put his paw out. When my friend would do it again, Tonka would put his paw out and so he learned to shake this way in one day. I decided to teach him to "play dead" and was giving him fresh green beans as a training treat. He had it down in less than one day! He learns so fast. I suppose being highly food-motivated helps. :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
they kind of do what they wanna do when they want to do it, lol:D

EXACTLY ^^^^^^ Love this thread.... too adorable , just love all there different personalities

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Brie has started to do something funny. I wipe her chin w a dry wash cloth whenever she drinks. She of course tries to eat it. I have it near me so I can get her chin. We are still cooped up in her pen til stitches come out. Now what she does is drink, I wipe, she tries to eat, I put away. She goes back n drinks more, looks at me, looks at the wash cloth on the table, then back at me. If I don't respond, she drinks more making sure to he her chin nice n soaked n drippy..then comes over dripping all over me. Lil bully plotting to eat the wash cloth me thinks! Lol

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Love to read this:w00t: Bulldogs are all so unique, both in personality and looks:heart:

We have winter here in South Africa now and the grass in the garden is dry, my little Bennie boy likes to go roll on the grass so he turns out looking like a ball of hay:blink: but he doesn't do it cos he like that part of it... he does it cos of what happens afterwards... he comes to show me what he looks like... I get a cloth or brush and I start brushing the grass of and he LOVES it, lol. My little cuddle bear, he knows how to manage me:ashamed:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
OH my Petra, Joey has a lot of tricks up his paws don't she? I got a good :giggle: at what she does but I think the hurring up and eating and eyeballing you while she's eating the others food is too funny! Wilson's bad that way too, especially with Sally, so I have to watch and then go stand in between her and him until she can finsh. But presses her face into the bowl is hilarious!! :ROFL: What a clown!!!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
lol that s priceless! You should try to capture that on video. I would love to see it!

I've tried :lol: my fur-kids see me grab the phone or camera and they come running, look the other way or just down right stop all cuteness until its put away :lol: I guess I have to learn the ninja camera technique so they never see it coming :lol:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
attachment.php

That's the cutest bully-in-a-bucket that I have ever seen! :luv:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online