Clever things they do:)

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Hi there:) I'm just curious of clever things your Bulldogs do?

My Joey is by far the cleverest dog I've ever known:tongue: On the day we got her (she's a rescue so she was then 3 years old) she did the funniest thing that just melted my heart:luv: I had a huge plastic bucket that I threw sticks and stuff from the garden in... we let Joey wonder around the garden by herself for a while before meeting our dogs and she spent her time wisely, lol. When I came out to fetch her she was in the bucket and ALL the stuff I had in there was thrown out:blink: I have NO idea how she made it in there but she was very very happy:D

Joinbucket.jpg

Other things she does frequently is:
~She drags her bed to where ever there is sun using her mouth:sunny:
~She collects soft material such as carpets and other dog beds from around the house to make an EXTRA soft bed:lazy2:
~She folds her bed double cos she knows that makes it double as soft:w00t:
~She knows that if she's in the small dogs crate at bedtime she'll get a treat to get her out of there:yes:
~If she has a toy and I or one of the other dogs wants to take it from her she lays on top of it:p
~Her best friend in the world is her Pug, if Pug is cold she sits and sleeps with her head resting on Pug so she wont be cold:heart:
~Sometimes she's naughty and goes to eat the others food, when she sees me come she hurries to eat as much as she can while she's eyeballing me, lol. And when I come close she presses her face into the bowl so it's impossible to get it away from her without tipping it on the side so most food falls out so she can get it anyway:cursing:

She's just the sweetest thing, she might not know lots of tricks and doesn't care most of the times when I tell her something but she is for sure clever;)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Joey sounds like she is a lot fun to be around, she is vey cute looking sitting in that bucket.

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Dexter is funny like that too!! I know that when it gets quiet he's either in there eating his sisters food (then I listen for the gobble gobble and clinking on her ceramic dishes) and when I go in there or ill call him, I can hear him try and get that last bit of kibs out of her bowl and then he comes running back to me with his sweetest most innocent looking face!

He knows our shams have down in them and in the night he sneaks onto the top of both of them instead of his bed

During a thunderstorm he jumps in the bed and when his feet land he's SO STILL to try and not wake daddy because he knows he's not supposed to be up there if daddy is

When sister wants to play he gets down with his butt in the air and his whole booty wiggles. That's it... He knows that the tiny one will do all the hopping around so maybe she'll do it for a long time if he just wiggles real hard

He knows his blanket is on the couch and if anyone comes over and sits by it then its GAME ON because that green blanket means GO. No blanket, no couch. Lol.

When I put him in his kennel and I forget to latch it, he knows that if he pretends like I did and doesn't get out that when I leave he can get out and get back on his couch

He knows it drives her nuts when he follows grandma around at her house but makes mommy laugh. So in the most innocent way he makes every move she does and hell look back at me like 😝😉😜 but when she looks at him he's all innocent like hey where we going😇😇😇😇😇

And last but not least he knows that when he's in trouble with daddy if he comes and sits by mommy that nothing bad could ever happen.

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
She is very clever and adorable!!! I say all the time that bulldogs are not known to be extremely smart, but my bully Hooch is just like Joey!! He is so smart and does the cutest things, all in his own time though.............not when I ask. haha He doesn't do tricks either but he does cute little things around the house that make me smile everyday! He is definitely the love of my life. God's gifts to us!!

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
:D how adorable.... they really do the funniest things all the time ..:)

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Too cute! Aubie does some clever things too. She knows momma is the one who will always play with her, and when I ignore her, she knows if she lays at my feet and barks or gives me a paw, I'll melt and play. She's figured out where we hide her toys when she gets too crazy or hot. She knows her toy basket is where we get her leash and bag, so she goes and sticks her face in it when she's wanting to go with us somewhere. She also goes nuts when I pick her blue bag up (I use it to tote her toys, bowl, water, etc, when we go out). She sneaks onto my pillow at night... this morning her mug was in my face and I was off the pillow. If you don't close the bathroom door all the way, she'll open it and come right in. She figures stuff out so quick... every time we think we've tricked her, she proves us wrong.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They are the smartest little things and clever!!:D

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Haha [MENTION=6241]Jackieshoes[/MENTION] the "gobble gobble" is definitely their downfall, lol, it can be heard from a mile away when they're eating or drinking:)

I think if Bulldogs just were a tiny bit less lazy they would be classified higher on the intelligence level;) but its a part of their personality and I just love it<3 they kind of do what they wanna do when they want to do it, lol:D

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=7710]Petra[/MENTION] - Joey is just too cute for words!

My little female Molly likes to play in a swimming pool during the summer heat but her mommy has been bad and hasn't bought her a new pool yet, so she will wait for me to fill the big water dish in the back yard once it's filled with fresh, clean & cold water, she will look right at me and stand in the water dish and dig at the bottom :lol: I think that's her way of saying "Get Me A New Pool Mom!!" :lol:

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
@Petra - Joey is just too cute for words!

My little female Molly likes to play in a swimming pool during the summer heat but her mommy has been bad and hasn't bought her a new pool yet, so she will wait for me to fill the big water dish in the back yard once it's filled with fresh, clean & cold water, she will look right at me and stand in the water dish and dig at the bottom :lol: I think that's her way of saying "Get Me A New Pool Mom!!" :lol:

lol that s priceless! You should try to capture that on video. I would love to see it!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea started dragging her bed around yesterday to either by the patio door so she can sun bathe or directly under the ceiling fan depending on if she is hot or cold. Lucky for us our door has thermal double paned glass so no heat comes in and never gets direct sunlight because of the patio cover.

Most Reactions