Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
After they get all their shots after 16 weeks, then once a year to get an annual exam and booster shots, heartworm blood test, and rabies shot, plus Bordetella if you take him to places with other dogs.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good question. I wish I knew the best answer to give you. In our case we met our Vet last Friday and currently have a plan setup for Harlea to see him every 3 months until she is a year old and then twice a year after that unless she needs to go in for something else sooner.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
After they get all their shots after 16 weeks, then once a year to get an annual exam and booster shots, heartworm blood test, and rabies shot, plus Bordetella if you take him to places with other dogs.

I agree w this. And, of course any other time if there is an issue to be addressed.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
and neutering should be done at 6 months?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
and neutering should be done at 6 months?

We did both our boys at 8 months... Our girl at 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If you don't mind me for asking, but has the vet found something wrong with her that they need to monitor??? If not, this many times sounds like the vet is after your money....

Good question. I wish I knew the best answer to give you. In our case we met our Vet last Friday and currently have a plan setup for Harlea to see him every 3 months until she is a year old and then twice a year after that unless she needs to go in for something else sooner.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] it is me being overly cautious and not the vet as I requested it and not them especially since our office visit expenses are negligible at best. I wanted him to see her multiple times this year during the changing of the seasons so we can have good documented base lines should anything change year over year.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
I was told 6 months, can i ask why i should wait, will it hurt him some how?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

no, it is not an issue... only reason my two were done at 8 moths is because we got Nitschke at 6 months and Cheli at 8 months... so we scheduled them shortly after bringing them home.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
There are study's made on that subject and some say it can hurt the dog to neuter at young age and them some it doesn't. You can google early neuter and read those studies and make up your mind.

I like to take mine to the vets when needed, take good care of them and try not to worry in advance. I've got two males (2y8m and 8m) and I'm not planning on neuter eather if not needed.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
There are study's made on that subject and some say it can hurt the dog to neuter at young age and them some it doesn't. You can google early neuter and read those studies and make up your mind.

I like to take mine to the vets when needed, take good care of them and try not to worry in advance. I've got two males (2y8m and 8m) and I'm not planning on neuter eather if not needed.

When I took Sheldon in the first time he said if we didn't plan on using Sheldon to stud to consider having him neutered because it would be healthier for him....not sure why it would be healthier but we had Sheldon done probably around 8months maybe even later I'd have to look back at the papers to be sure.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.