Great article on EB

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Good article for those that are thinking about getting an EB! My favorite quote:

Once a person owns an English Bulldog, assuming they are prepared for the costs and training, they will not want to own any other breed. They will fall in love with the cute faces, fat wrinkles, constant desire for human love, and playful spirits, and no other breed will ever measure up.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breed-spotlight-review-english-bulldog

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Good article for those that are thinking about getting an EB! My favorite quote:

Once a person owns an English Bulldog, assuming they are prepared for the costs and training, they will not want to own any other breed. They will fall in love with the cute faces, fat wrinkles, constant desire for human love, and playful spirits, and no other breed will ever measure up.

http://www.examiner.com/article/breed-spotlight-review-english-bulldog

that is such a perfect and true statement! Great article find! :2thumbs:

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Chances are I'd never have opened it. Most of the articles are about abuse and then I just end up crying like a lunatic and angry.

So glad I opened it anyway

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I saw this the other day and was like yep I don't want anything else now. Only to go to the vet a few days later and see a perfect example of a person whose checkbook was bigger than their brain and was dragging his two 10 week old baby bullies into the office on choke chains... I had a smile on my face when the vet staff ripped him apart for that and told him he shouldn't own them if he didn't understand the needs of the breed and that dragging them like he was could do irreparable damage to them and that he needed to harness them. He disappeared shortly after that and I never saw him again but I could hear the vet scolding someone in the room next to us about 10 minutes later and assumed it was him.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
It's true. If I was to ever get another dog it would have to be a Bully.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I might consider a basset hound if I were getting another puppy, they are pretty cute too. But I really have fallen in love w thus breed!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Great article...and yes...sucked into the breed for life! Although I do wish Dudley could talk...things would be SO MUCH EASIER, if I always knew what he wanted!:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great article... the person either owns or really did their research

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
I'm pretty sure they own.... You can't feel like this about them until they're yours

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I saw this the other day and was like yep I don't want anything else now. Only to go to the vet a few days later and see a perfect example of a person whose checkbook was bigger than their brain and was dragging his two 10 week old baby bullies into the office on choke chains... I had a smile on my face when the vet staff ripped him apart for that and told him he shouldn't own them if he didn't understand the needs of the breed and that dragging them like he was could do irreparable damage to them and that he needed to harness them. He disappeared shortly after that and I never saw him again but I could hear the vet scolding someone in the room next to us about 10 minutes later and assumed it was him.
I just read this story on FB of a bully baby dying from abuse during a Petco Training Class. I guess the puppy was barking at another pup, so the trainer used the leash to pull the pup by the collar... long story short the pup died of injuries to it's trachea. Everyone responded w/the same lecture... why would a so-called trainer not tell the owners to get a harness for their puppy? Or why on earth did the trainer pull the puppy's front legs up in the first place?!! I'm sure a lawsuit is pending... but you are correct that the owner has to do his homework to understand the needs of the breed!

OP
Jackieshoes

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Grrrrr ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373608090.901388.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online