Swimming Safety

EmmysDad

Jul 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmy Lou
Hi, All.

I recently moved to a new home with an in-ground pool and am concerned about the safety of my baby, Miss Emmy Lou. I've been searching the web for a good dog fence to isolate her from the pool since I am aware that she doesn't swim well (she sinks well though). Everything I've seen is outrageously expensive (over $1000 for 40 feet of fence). Anybody got suggestions?
:confused:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN.... We would love for you to do an Intro post in the Introduction and Welcomes Forum so more members have a chance to greet you and see the pix of EmmyLou . There are several members that have pools and we have a koi pond to contend with too. Unfortunately, our fencing is a different type than what is used on a swimming pool. Perhaps @KMARINO will see this and respond as I know they have a fence around their pool. Thanx for signing up and I hope you enjoy the site.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't have a built in pool but Amazon has some decent prices on affordable fencing. This one is 32 ft long and not as ugly as some of the other options

http://www.amazon.com/Terra-Protect-Beautify-Fencing-Included/dp/B00BA0659E/ref=sr_1_32?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1373114501&sr=1-32&keywords=fencing

Some of the reviewers are using it as a dog pen so it might work for around the pool. The thing you have in your favor is that while bullys can't swim, they can't really jump over things either

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome~!!! My pool is fenced in but it was fenced in when we bought the house, that was one of my #1 things I looked for when buying a house, pool and fenced in..OH and a fenced in yard!! Our fence is 4 foot tall and locks at the entrance.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Worst case scenario, you could get Emmy a bully life vest. She'd be stylin and safe if she hopped in the pool? I guess tho, if she will be outside a whole lot then a large pen would be better..

Most Reactions