Cleaning a male

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So I never had a male. Do I actually have to pull the skin back on his private and clean it? I have noticed that duke and duchess take turns cleaning eachothers privates. What do you guys use to clean it?

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I don't pull Tubby's skin back. I do wipe it down with a baby wipe. He is still intact so I will also wipe down his family jewels lol

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I wouldn't pull it back at all, just either wipe it with a baby wipe or in the bath of course. Cleo grooms Mac for him (no jewels here though LOL) but she won't let him groom her there. I was just telling hubby last night I wondered if she would have made a good momma since she's so adamant about keeping his face and ears clean and disciplined. And she always sure to reclean his face after I've wiped it down as if to tell me 'you did it wrong!' It's so sweet that your two love to groom each other too!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I clean Ace every day. I usually begin with a warm damp rag and clean around his eyes and his chin area to help with the teenage acne. Then I rinse the rag out and moisten with witch hazel and wipe down his belly, under his armpits and thighs and wipe down his gonads and other male part but I don't try to wash his lipstick. I also wipe out his ears when the rag is moistened with the witch hazel

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I wipe with a baby wipe, but never occurred to me to do the inside of his 'boy'

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I wipe with a baby wipe, but never occurred to me to do the inside of his 'boy'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Inside his boy! I would never ever pull back the skin that thing looks like a One eyed Monster Sea Cucumber!! :fie:. I've always given them a shower while I'm in it with them and wash it like you do everything else but stay away from the point.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy's we don't clean unless it looks dirty or irritated, which we have never had problems with. I would watch out using witch hazel on them everyday as this can dry their skin out and cause other problems. Plus never put witch hazel anywhere close to the end of it as this could cause burning.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Buddy's we don't clean unless it looks dirty or irritated, which we have never had problems with. I would watch out using witch hazel on them everyday as this can dry their skin out and cause other problems. Plus never put witch hazel anywhere close to the end of it as this could cause burning.

I will definitely keep that in mind and not use the witch hazel every day. I didn't think that it might dry the skin out. Thanks for the heads up. I will just wipe him down with a rag and use witch hazel only on occassions

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online