Boscoe .. a senior bully!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm going to tell you a story of a bully that has been in our rescue for a long time now. His name is Boscoe and he is VERY lucky to be one of the hospice sponsorship recipients of EBN.

Boscoe came to Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs when he was left at Pickaway County Shelter, Ohio. It seems that he was used for breeding for his whole life until he got too old to be of any use and then he was just dumped. He was in very bad shape .. ear infections, eye infections and his fur and skin was just awful. Luckily the people at the shelter called the Rescue and we immediately went and got him.

It took a while but now his ears, eyes and skin have completely healed, and more importantly he has learnt to trust people once more.

Given the background that Boscoe came from it is obvious that he never knew love and attention before, it took a while but now he craves it. This unfortunately means that he doesn't like to share ... and becomes bad-tempered and extremely grumpy in the company of other dogs. To the point that we can not let him go to a home with any other dogs. However, Boscoe loves kids and the elderley and would make somebody an excellent "couch potato"!!!

His first foster totally adored and loved him and the whole board knew that this was going to be a classic case of "foster failure" ... then she was moved by her company to Alaska. His second foster again fell in love ... then just found out that she now needs to travel a lot for work. So we are moving him to a new foster home ... but in our hearts we just want to get him to his fur-ever home.

Normally, Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs has a strict policy of only adopting to people in Ohio or within 2 hours of the border. For Boscoe we are making an exception. We will accept adoption applications across the country as long as we can make our usual home check of the home. That means we would work with a rescue in the area to get them to do a home check. Our usual vet checks and phone interviews would be done by ourselves.

Do you know anybody who has a special place in their heart for a senior bully .. and has no other dogs??

Please help me make 2013 the year that Boscoe finds love and his furever home at last!!!!!! All you need to do is PM me for more details!!

boscoe.jpg

Attachments

• boscoe1.jpg
    boscoe1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 131

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What a handsome boy! I sure hope you find his forever family soon.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If I didn't have Cami, I'd take this handsome guy.

Will pray he finds his fur~ever home ASAP!

Thank you for the work you do on these precious babies behalf, GOD bless!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
What an adorable face he has I do hope you find him a forever home real soon. Thank you for helping this poor babies find homes that they so truly deserve to have😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sure hope he finds his fur-ever home soon, he is a handsome boy, and looks very happy in the pic.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Fingers & paws crossed Boscoe finds his fur-ever home. Times like this make me wish I lived in the States so I could adopt all these precious bullys

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I shared with the local bully rescue here and see if we can take the sweety.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good luck handsome.... hope you find your fur-ever home soon!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Paws crossed he finds a lvin family soon! I can't imagine it will take long...he is so cute!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online