Miss Daisey's Dogtor visit and a conversation I did not see coming

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
Last night I had to take Miss Daisey to her Dogtor... nothing major, just a bacterial infection that we have been fighting off and on since we got her. For those do not know, she was a owner surrender (from a not very good breeder) that came to us in very bad shape (suffered from physical abuse, emotional abuse, other dog abuse, and other major medical issues) we got from the same Dogtor.

When we walked out into the waiting room, there was a man talking to a mother and her kids about potty training their 7 month old puppy. Shortly after we entered, the man stopped talking to the mother and proceeds to start talking to me about bulldogs. He starts telling me that his friend Vicky had a bulldog that looked very much like Daisey, except that hers was very shy... not like mine. Right when he started talking about it, I knew..... that Daisey use to be his friends dog. He continued to talk to me and asked "Where did you get her" and my answer was "She is a rescue". I was hoping that he would take that answer, but....... His next question was "From where?".

I kind of paused and thought about the situation a little and said "From the Dogtor". I think that he was completely stunned by the look on his face. His next response was "You have no idea how much my friend Vicki paid for that dog", I responded with " I have 2 others at home right now and have had other bulldogs before". He pulled out his phone and started to show me pictures that he had taken of Daisey. Then he says to me "you must have really socialized her, because she use to be a one person dog and now is a completely different dog". I responded with "She and her siblings attend at least two events (for rescues or meetup groups) for dogs a week, and that she is becoming well known in our dog community". He got a phone call soon after that, but I have a gut feeling that he also called his friend Vicky about what happened.

I felt kind of bad about the situation, and bit my lip when talking to him about the whole situation and really wanted to tell him what a piece of @%*& his friend Vicky was, but my Dogtor is kind of friends with both of them. Anyone with a rescue or ? ever been in this kind of situation before?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well small world, and a sticky situation. I bet it was hard keeping your mouth shut.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
AWKWARD!!!! I don't know that I could have kept my mouth shut. You took the high road. I give my neighbor (whom both my husband and I have known for a very long time) a hard time about his German Shephard because he doesn't treat him as well as he needs to I keep begging him to give him to someone that will care for him properly. I have even given thought to having someone take him, I have offered numerous times to walk him and even asked him to leave the feed out in the garage where I can get to it and I will gladly feed him a couple times a day when we feed Sheldon all to no avail. I pray about it but as the heat index climbs and I don't see him take fresh water out (he keeps him in the back yard) I worry even more I send my kids over with jugs of cold water to put in his dish and even ice when its really hot. Sorry I digress, anyway I don't know that I could have done what you did.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=8179]Brian Wahlen[/MENTION] Holy smokes!! That's OUTRAGEOUS! I've never ever heard of anything like that I probably would have told him what a :poo: his friend is. Well done holding back my man! WOW!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
AWKWARD!!!! I don't know that I could have kept my mouth shut. You took the high road. I give my neighbor (whom both my husband and I have known for a very long time) a hard time about his German Shephard because he doesn't treat him as well as he needs to I keep begging him to give him to someone that will care for him properly. I have even given thought to having someone take him, I have offered numerous times to walk him and even asked him to leave the feed out in the garage where I can get to it and I will gladly feed him a couple times a day when we feed Sheldon all to no avail. I pray about it but as the heat index climbs and I don't see him take fresh water out (he keeps him in the back yard) I worry even more I send my kids over with jugs of cold water to put in his dish and even ice when its really hot. Sorry I digress, anyway I don't know that I could have done what you did.

I would report him, you can do it anonymously so know one will know it's you.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I would report him, you can do it anonymously so know one will know it's you.

He has been and he straightens up for a bit. What's worse are there are several people there that could care for him and don't GRRRRR!!!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
All I can say is wow and bravo. The Marine in me wouldn't have let me hold my tounge and I would have had some serious word vomit for that person.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Daisy was so lucky the day that woman surrendered her at your vets. She's a completely different girl than the one I met the first week you had her.
Probably a good thing you held your tongue, but I'm sure it wasn't easy. Just think of the love and joy you and Nicke have brought to her life, and how lucky she is to have you, that should help.

We have already wondered if we will ever run into Amelia's original owner....We hope not.
Hopefully the vet's office will always schedule any of the "replacement puppy's' visits separate from any for Amy, if he even takes the replacement to our same vet.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Well small world, and a sticky situation. I bet it was hard keeping your mouth shut.

Yeah. I don't know how you did it. With all issues "dog", I have NO filter. I say exactly what comes to mind --- and usually much more.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Kudos to you. I woulda told him everything. Opinions, facts,.... Hell, maybe even some foul language.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what the heck are the chances of that happening..... Daisy won... she has a great new home

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.