*sigh Stiggy's growing up so fast -- 1st day of daycare

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
bf dropped him off this morning. He said that Stiggy was still scared of the solid wood gate near the entrance, but once they were in the building Stiggy walked away and said hi to the other dogs and completely ignored my bf. lol. :p

Can't wait to pick him up after work. I'm curious to see if he'll ignore me too or actually come and say hi. :*(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
When Vegas has gone in the past, he can be playing with 5-6 dogs and as soon as he spots me, he comes running :heart:, it is such a good feeling to know you are still #1 and you are!!! Plus he will be so tired tonight which for me is a plus to get a quiet evening once in a while.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
They sure do grow FAST!! How old is Stig? My babies are 5 months and around 30 pounds each. Unbelievable! I'm sure he'll have so much fun, but also be sooo glad to see you at the end of the day!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Can't wait to hear how his first day went!!!!!!!!! :up:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
cant wait to hear how his day went i bet he had a blast!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How did the day go? did Stiggy have fun?

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The day went really well. The owner said he was a little reserved at first and looked around 'bully' style, walked around the house smelling and licking stuff. But an hour later he was introduced to the pack and was as rambunctious as ever. Played with both the big and small dogs. She said that she also had to introduced this 10 week old puppy after (can't remember the breed) and Stiggy wanted to play with him immediately. lol. He started running around him, smelling, invading his space, etc. The puppy sat there and took it at first then finally he had enough and started growling. So that's when Stiggy backed off a little. But then they started fooling around after. :cool:.

bf got there first so not too sure if Stiggy came running to him. I'll make sure to ask later. But when I got there, we stayed for maybe 15 mins to talk to the owner about how the day went and how to switch him to raw feeding. We were on the other side of the the wooden gate, so Stiggy wasn't able to play with the other dogs. He was so tired, he actually started snoozing off while we were talking. lol. His left eye had some 'cherry eye' happening because of all the hard play. But it went away this morning which is good. He also needs a bath soooo bad. :yes:. Had to let him sleep in his crate last nite because of the smelliness. But I doubt he minded it one bit because he just dozed off quickly once we got home. He only woke up to eat dinner. This morning he woke up to eat breakfast and went right back to sleep. I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps the whole day today. :D

There were probobly 8 dogs there when we picked him up. I'm thinking they stayed overnight. There was a pug, which I was glad to see, because at least it lets me know that the owner is dependedable and knows how to take care of Stiggy.

Overall, I'm happy with the experience. Stiggy had fun and was able to play with other dogs, which is the main reason we'll continue taking him there. (hug)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I knew Stiggy would be tired, I think we have taken/dropped off, Vegas about 6 times throughout the summer for a four hour session, because it was an indoor very cold play area, living in Florida and being over 100* many days he needed an outlet to play. I love the girl that runs the daycare and she is very educated on bully's/short snouted dogs, pugs etc.., and their needs, she would put in in his own room so he could have a time out to rest. And the best part was I was able to have a quiet evening with my husband without Vegas being up my butt all night, because he was Zzzz!!!!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
man i got tired ready about his day im sure its gonna take a day or 2 for him to recover!!! hopefully he can go once a week or something to keep him in shape. :cool:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.