Trupanion

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I have had insurance for Sarge and Lou lou for going on two years now and have never filed a claim for either of my bullys , I fianlly filed a claim for Sarges Lyme disease meds
a month ago, I sent them every thing they requested and now they want more info and I dont have any more . They got what they asked for. I have paid in close two thousand dollars in premiums and they are haggling over a 100.00 dollars. I just canceled their policy and will start putting the 130.00 in a savings account for their emergency fund. Has anyone had this problem with a pet insurance Co. :cursing:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We have trupanion too and have never put in a claim with it, so you didn't get anything back and had to shell out $2000 for meds?

SUMOPUP

Jul 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sumo
We have trupanion too and have never put in a claim with it, so you didn't get anything back and had to shell out $2000 for meds?

I have trupanion for Sumo and also pay about $130 a month. and thank goodness! When Sumo was a pup she had a lot of issues! It would have cost me thousands and thousands of dollars in treatments, xrays, medications, etc... Trupanion has always kept up with their claim of 90% coverage for me.

Now, sumo has been well for almost a full year, maybe longer, and i think its still better for me to be paying trupanion in the case of an emergency than to have to cover the costs if something happens.

Just my two cents, although would be much different if she had never encountered any medical problems!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have Trupanion too and have been lucky enough not to have filed a claim. But I have a high deductible so it's only really for major issues. I have heard all insurance companies are sticklers for the paperwork..but that's horrible that after paying all of your premiums, you get treated like that..Not smart customer service.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Any way you could speak with a supervisor at Trupanion? I'm surprised that they would let a loyal client like yourself go without trying to work things out with u first. I have Trupanion too and have had to file claims for both my boys. They did a great job w/reimbursement but (not surprisingly), my premiums did increase after that! I try to avoid making a claim unless i truly have to and also have savings accts. for both of them set up.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I had Trupanion for Abby and I now have it for Otis. When I tell you I submitted claims MONTHLY for Abby I'm not exaggerating. I signed up the day of her first time to the vet. 3 weeks later she was diagnosed with kidney failure and the bills flooded in. Even tho I was a brand new customer and had paid only my first premium they reimbursed me every penny of that 90% after my deductible for every claim that I submitted (and there were lots of them!). I'm telling you Tom, I paid them 56.00 a month and submitted claims for sometimes triple that... they never even blinked.

After I lost her, they sent me a really sweet sympathy card and made a donation in her name to a local animal shelter.

I would call them and ask to speak to a supervisor. They should be able to get any extra info that they need directly from your vet.

OP
gunnyboy

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Hmmm I dont get it ? I sent in all their medical records, this has been going on for a month, first they said they were waiting for an invoice from the vet, then they said they needed more medical records... I dont have anymore records. the medicine for Sarge was 150.00 , not two thousand, that was how much I paid in since I started with them.I told them to cancel my policy and not to draw from my checking anymore I am so steamed, I hate jumping thru hoops and playing games thats not me I am up front and to the point. Just started a savings account for Sarge and Loulou, Ill do it that way. Sorry to let loose.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't get it either. All I ever did when submitting a claim was print the paper, sign it and fax them a copy of the bill. I never even asked the doctor to sign it! They verified all my information on their own and I always had a problem free check within 10 days.

I'm sorry you hit a wall :(

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I had Trupanion for Abby and I now have it for Otis. When I tell you I submitted claims MONTHLY for Abby I'm not exaggerating. I signed up the day of her first time to the vet. 3 weeks later she was diagnosed with kidney failure and the bills flooded in. Even tho I was a brand new customer and had paid only my first premium they reimbursed me every penny of that 90% after my deductible for every claim that I submitted (and there were lots of them!). I'm telling you Tom, I paid them 56.00 a month and submitted claims for sometimes triple that... they never even blinked.

After I lost her, they sent me a really sweet sympathy card and made a donation in her name to a local animal shelter.

I would call them and ask to speak to a supervisor. They should be able to get any extra info that they need directly from your vet.

That was really thoughtful of them to make a donation in Abby's name.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I'm sorry you are going thru this hassle, Tom. All it takes is getting a wrong
code entered, an idiot repr, etc and something simple turns into a nightmare.

Like you, I'm straightforward & hate BS, game playing & hassles.

I think putting the money into a savings acct is smart. I do the same for my vehicles
when I've paid them off & it's not worth carrying full coverage because ins co. won't
pay off what they are worth but yet, they're not yet old...like my 2008 Ford Ranger.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.