Gertie is a scardded-ie cat!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Last night we were sitting in the family room watching the election results and I was crocheting. I had my bag of yarn next to me, it was sitting up on top of Gertie's crate. I don't dare leave it in Gertie and Ida's reach. Gertie started acting weird, coming half way across the room and then running back to my husband like something was scarring her. We couldn't figure out what her problem was! Turns out she was scarred of the yarn. Whenever I'd pull more out for my crocheting, the bag would jiggle and wiggle and it was really seemed to be frightening her. It was funny to watch! Didn't seem to bother Ida in the least. It's so interesting how totally different their personalities are.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
LOL It is funny how different they are! Samson gets scared/alarmed by weird stuff too. Dave brought a trash can back in the backyard and for some reason just left it on its side by the back gate which isn't where it normally is. I heard Samson in the backyard barking like crazy and when I came out he was barking at the trash can and when I picked it up to move it he ran away LOL!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It would be great to be able to see what's going through their heads. Gracie has exhibited some very odd "quirks" like that. She wouldn't even walk past my garden cart outside. Acted like it was going to get her. She still won't go through the kitchen willingly. She still acts like something is going to get her in there. If anything some of the fears have gotten worse not better in the past 3 months it seems. Overall though when we are here in the den, our bedroom at night (she has her own bed in there, or if we take her to Pet Smart or out on a walk around the block she seems happy as all get out once we've gotten past that hurdle of going through the kitchen. She does not like to be outside alone though. and literally shakes when we say the words "outside" and "potty" because she knows what they mean.

Last edited:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
So cute! I love how tough :bully: look but are actually the sweetest and scared of alot of things! Silva is scared of everything!:lol:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
LOL that is too cute!!! BAby joe is afraid of Dinosaurs ...stuffed or plastic she runs and hides like its going to eat her.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Thinking more about it, I think Gertie just doesn't like change. We had a storm here a few months ago and things blew around the back yard and she wouldn't go near the stuff that was out of place. A bottle of bug spray had blown on to the ground and she sat about 10 feet from it and barked her head off til I got it returned to the shelf she was used to seeing it on. Good thing I'm not one to rearrange my furniture!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep it is change for us too. Cutty will do that with something that is new to him or in an odd place. Once I show him it is ok tho he wills top barking at it and be fine. lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.