Bullies and Ghosts

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
For the 2nd night in a row Bear has kept me up all night. He's been very skiddish and jumpy like when the heater kicks on, anyone making a sudden move, doorbell ringing (on tv too). He gets all upset. Last night he was growling at stuff I couldn't see. There have been bears spotted in our area and deer always so do you think maybe he just sensed an animal outside or do I have ghosts? :eek:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It could be that he senses an animal outside, plus over the weekend it was halloween and there was probably a lot more outside activity than usual. So maybe that's spooked him a little too ..... :confused:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree he could be on his toes after so much going on this weekend. Then again maybe you have ghosts. lol. I swear we have Sierras angel here ever since she was born and the boys notice nothing so who knows?! haha I bet he mellows out after a few days tho maybe once he settles down from Halloween maybe.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Baby Joe does that ...it started when lightening hit by our window and she was standing by it!!!! That was 3mnths ago....and she has not settled down fom it!!!! But then again maybe if u tell the ghost to quit scaring Bear it might stop.....:p

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I remember catching Stig sitting and staring at the kitchen when the lights weren't on and no one was there. Creeped me out a little :(

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Sadie hasn't done anything like that here, but Jay has!!! There are days he'll go OFF viciously at the kitchen doorway, fully hackled, barking and growling. There was one day I was snuggled in bed watching tv (Had been a bad day) and I could hear the hallway lightswitch going on and off, on and off, like little kids playing with it. I have no kids and I've heard the lightswitches quite a few times. After a moment or two of the flicking Jay got up off the bed and stood at the bottom of the stairs. For a moment he stood perfectly still, Tail straight out and hackled. All of a sudden he started wagging his tail and stepped up onto the first step, tail just going mad. I'm pretty used to it here though so it doesn't bother me. There's a lady in our basement that looks up and around the staircase at people. For some reason they always get mad when they realise I'm upstairs hehehe.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well seeing as this has turned into a spooky story telling .....>.<

I used to mess around with a bit of tarot card reading ... I lived with my Mum at the time cos I was just a teenager - probably about 17 or 18. Every time I got the cards out, our two dogs used to sit in front of me and stare behind me!! As if there was somebody stood directly behind me. :eek:

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Halloween 2010 015.jpg
Well, DEmspey doesn't usually notice critters outside once he's asleep, but the kitties sure do. When we first moved into my house, Demspey and both my kitties would spend time just staring into one corner of my living room and a corner in my bedroom. I figured that my son Daniel had found us:heart: and was checking up on his momma. :luv:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Boy, you guys are givin' me the creeps!! I'm a big CHICKEN! I could never live alone, and I sleep with nightlights on all over my house. If my dogs started acting up like this, I'd be sooooo scared! :eek:

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva does have moments where she looks in the dark at something and it does freak me out. I would agree with the others with Halloween just happening over the weekend it could freak out the pups! Hopefully things will get better over the next couple days or I would be calling GHOSTBUSTERS!! :lol:

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
well..I do believe in ghosts. and of course animals can sense things that we cannot. one year our dog wouldn't stop looking up at the ceiling, very strange (this is when I lived at home). Well.. a half an hour later we had learned at that same time, a tornado struck a couple miles away. Is the heater a new sound for him?? Chester will dash out of the kitchen whenver I turn the fan to the microwave on.. it's hilarious!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Okay, yeah it's creepy when your dog stares into a room where no one is and no lights are on, but what if your dog's head and eyes follow something you can't see? and he gets up to keep that "unseen" thing in his line of vision. And his ears perk and twinge and his head cocks to the side? :eek:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
something might be out side that he hears... dogs have a very good sense

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.