Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue eyed Bulldogs

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Blue eyed Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Owen, I couldn't agree more with @Davidh, Like @pdolphin27, I've seen these rascals being sold on a web site in Florida, asking price was $6,500.00, Said it was rare, However it's not of show quality, and can't be shown, because it doesn't meet the standards, So why so much if it doesn't meet the standards. Tells me there's something in the blood line that should send you running. Just me, I would stick to the breed standards, then you have puppy mill prices (cheap) Vet bills aren't, and I've wrapped $15,000.00 on one pet from a puppy mill, but when you love a pet, its like a child, Skeery… Then you got back yard breeder prices, a little more pricey, depending on the breeder, Those are a hit and a miss on those kinds of vet bills, then you have the reputable breeders out there, Those guys screen the buyers, I highly appreciate that, and their careful to stay in compliance with the breed standards, and they breed for the benefit of the breed, I commend them on this task, not only that, but they know UP FRONT the health history of momma and daddy, and know what kind of quality they expect…. Thats why they get the prices they do, because your paying a little more up front for healthy, rather than on the back end for the vet bills, and I promise you, paying a vet is like having a gun held to your head !! been there did that before…. The last thing I want to say, I have a daughter, nothing to do her but to purchase a Blue Pitt Bull, This girl is Gorgeous, white star on her chest, most wonderful disposition, Gentle and I mean loving and snuggly, She's 3 years old now, Her problem is her Tummy, She is constantly sick with an upset tummy, always has been always will be. Every shot she gets makes her sick, and I don't mean Pepto Bismal sick, I'm talking about Vet prescribed medication sick. She has paid at least $2,500 in Vet bills with just her Tummy problems, but she is following through with her commitment and responsibility, Her Pitt also has skin problems, frequent ear infections, and I promise you, she treats this little girl like her daughter…. She gets the best of everything, she stays on top of her wellness, But when you go outside of breed standards, be prepared for other problems to occur, The best way to say it is "For every Action is a Reaction" and the Reactions come at a price. Just my opinion, but Davidh, RaRett, Pdolphin, and Rural Mystic all hit the nail on the head, and I confer for those reasons. The blue eyed, or blue coat should be sold at ⅓ the price of a breed standard, not more….. Who do these breeders think they are….. Scam Artists if you ask me!!

Couldnt agree more! I have seen blue & green eyed bullies that have blue and chocolate coats for $15-$20k. Unreal , I have never seen one that I was happy with the conformation either!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sometimes chang is good, but in the case of blue eyed bullbogs is not a good change, leave well enough alone. Its not for the good of the dog, its all about money.

Real Name
    Andrea
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bazza
    Likes (Received)

Well really interesting reading, didnot know blue eyed bulldogs existed, but very informative answers, certainly pays to do your research for many reasons!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads