Gordo's story part 2

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Just got this email from the Long Island Bulldog Rescue.
it's a really nice tribute to Gordo. Gordo is a puppy that left this life last night. I posted the story earlier today in another thread but this email was too beautiful not to post here.

From the LIBR

Tribute to Gordo Gordo was a bulldog, only eight months old. God saw fit to call him home but not before his story was told. This little boy of such small stature, had a heart so strong, But he would lose his battle yet leave a legacy quite long. Now just what was his purpose? What in life did Gordo achieve? It had to be more than uniting all of us as we grieve. As Gordo looks down on us, far from that rainbow bridge, He stands majestic and mighty, looking from a ridge. Quietly he whispers, as this was just his way, “I know will be together and play again someday. But while we are apart, please take this time to learn, That running healthy and happy is for what every bulldog yearns. Please remember as you are thinking of adding to your pack, That an animal is forever and there is no giving back. You must promise always to love and to protect each furry friend, And in doing this you honor me and show love that never ends. Please do all your homework—say no to puppy mills, Or you may buy a lifetime filled with sadness and many ills. Look twice please before you think you’ve found that furry perfect pet, Stay away from pet stores or sadness may be for you a certain bet. Why not adopt a friend of mine, bully breed or other? Or find a reputable; responsible breeder if that is your druthers. I went through many struggles in my short time on Earth, But I must believe, as you must that my life did have great worth. I was born to raise awareness and make others know my plight, That breeding just for money does not make that right. I wish that I could tell you that I play here with just a few, Sadly, that is not the case as there are enough like me to fill a zoo. I will wait here patiently until we meet again, Waiting by the brook that overlooks the glen. -Julie Vita

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thank you for sharing his story. Such a great letter for him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: thanks, Mike

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Such a fitting legacy for little Gordo. RIP Angel, and may your message spread wide and far. You did not die in vain.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
:'( that's beautiful!!

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.