Back To Square One

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I'm so sorry for your loss of sweet Bentley. As others have said its good that you haven't rushed into another puppy and are being smart and taking your time. Its one of those things thats happened for a reason that we'll never know!
One day the right bully will come wiggling into your life just hang in there :hug:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
So sorry for your loss of little Bentley.....though we don't always know why, things happen for a reason. I am sure that in time you will find the perfect puppy!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So sorry about Bentley, that has to be very hard on you and the breeder. But it might be for the best, you just never know. As far as the breeders with the bad review, I think it depends on the complaint and what the breeder did about the problem if anything. Most reputable breeders will try to rectify the problem, but sometimes you just can't please everyone. There are a lot of breeders out there that do not stand behind their pups and are just out for the money. So take your time and talk to people who have their pups, and also find out who their vet is and talk to the vet also. Good luck in your search.

OP
SMeyer13

SMeyer13

Jun 13, 2013
South Carolina
Country
U.S.A
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
Thank you all for your kind words. Although my connection was only through one visit and a handful of pictures each week, a relationship had built and an attachment was there. It will take a while to heal, but I fully believe that it will lead me to the puppy I was suppose to be with. Having a mother who successfully fought breast cancer a couple of years ago, I understand that things happen for a reason and will fall into place the way they were meant to be. I am still feeling the loss of Bentley and will for some time, but I did agree to look this afternoon at a litter in Indiana. The breeder is actually one that I looked at prior to selecting a closer breeder for Bentley. I waited 8 years to be able to select Bentley and I will continue waiting until I feel that it was meant to be.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What a sad outcome, they are so fragile as puppies, but a loss at 6 weeks of age is very tragic. I am very sorry for your loss.

I think it shows a lot about your character that you want to find the right puppy for your family and are not rushing into it. Take your time, meet some new breeders, many times the really good ones have a waiting list but patience is something you have and eventually you will find that bond with another and everything will just feel right.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.