Fun, Fun: heat wave, house for sale

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Bah. Everyone here knows how much bullies love their routines, right? Wilbur and Layla are particularly regimented.

Well in a stroke of brilliance we decided to put our house on the market because we have our eye on a place we love (we love our house now, but the one we are looking at is more land, less house). Anyway, house has been on the market for a month, and in the real estate world we are doing "very well". For example, in the last 48 hours, we have had an open house and 3 showings. It's been like this from the start. And that is great, except THE PART WHERE I HAVE TO DE-DOGGIFY THE HOUSE AND TAKE THE DOGS IN THE CAR TO DRIVE AROUND FOR AN HOUR WITH THE AC BLASTING. Today I had a showing with 2 hours notice. Oh and it is only humidex 40 degrees here (I think that would be like 110 farenheit? and 100% humidity).

Wilbur and Layla are so p*ssed at me it isn't even funny. So in addition to running away everytime they see me because they assume I am about to clean their faces/ears/teeth etc., they now run away to avoid the confusing hot stressful car ride!

I took them to Petsmart to kill time on Sunday, and Wilbur was shaking he was so afraid and people were all over them (EBs are totally rare here, many people have 'never seen one in real life'). It was awful.

I forget where I was going with all this because wine, but anyway I just want to say it SUCKS ROCKS to have showings and I hate upsetting my babies' routines!!!!!!!:bitching:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I feel your pain ... when we sold our house a couple of years ago we had to de-doggify the house too. Except I have eight dogs, so I had to pile all of them into my car and drive around. Most of the time I just drove around in a circle so I kept passing my house. That way I could see when they left and go back home!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's good to get it off your chest so whine away! I've been where you are last year; put my home up for sale, had the open houses and the last minute showings. Had to keep the place neat and tidy with two naughty bullies running around. It was TOUGH! Hopefully you'll get a buyer soon and this will all be just a memory. Hang in there! The heat doesn't help, I'm sure, but going to places like Pet Smart or other indoor places that allows pooches helps. I sold during late winter so luckily the weather was cool then. Good luck!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Whine away, and wine too. A big glass of red. Lol. Moving sucks for sure, and is one of the most stressful things to do, especially in the heat of summer, and with bullies. You have to be on constant alert of a phone call, or showing, which means keeping the house spotless, even when you don't feel always feel like it. You have to be flexible leave with short notice for a showing, and it's to always convienant. Hopefully you'll get a bite, or a sale soon, and then your house and time will be your own again. Then the fun starts, packing, this too sucks big time. I hope you sell soon, and you get the dream home you want , then when you're settled in you're new place this will all be a distant memory. Good luck.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=5605]Momma2Bullies[/MENTION] I truly feel your pain. We have listed our house for sale, too. July 2nd we have the "parade" of real estate agents through. UGH!!!

OP
Momma2Bullies

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Thanks for listening everyone!!!
I hope it is over soon - it is sure disruptive!!! :pray:

mavsfan4life

Bullshiht-zu
May 10, 2013
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mayhem
We are about to put our home on the market as well......2 dogs and 2 teenagers at home...........what in the heck am I thinking????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.... I so feel your pain! we did all this about a year ago - TWICE. We sold our house, move in to a apartment for 4 months then moved into our new home. Banks was NOT happy from May till October of last year. Now, she LOVES her new home.

In the end, it will all be worth it. BEST of luck

AmyEbert

Sep 16, 2012
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
We just moved a month ago from our condo downtown to out new house ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372557174.577567.jpg with a fenced in back yard. It was a pain to get ready for showings and the move itself but so worth it we love our new home especially our yard and no more elevator.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online