How does you bully deal with cold weather...

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
tucker62.jpgBeing our first bulldog and having some weight behind them, I would have thought bulldog's would handle the cooler weather better, our bulldog is obsessed with our heater vents, here he is above getting heat from the heater vent. He hates going out in the cold, he will want to go outside to the toilet feels how cold it is and turns back around, trying to get him out in winter is a nightmare, wont step on the cold grass. (Winter is Australia now). We have recently purchased a coat, now I don't feel as guilty putting him outside in the cold weather!!!! Do all bulldogs hate the cold???

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
No, not allllll bullies hate the cold... some love romping in the snow. Ours sure doesnt tho... HRH hates any in climate weather!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio and Princess LOVE the colder weather! If it's really cold, like 20 degrees F or less then I will put a jacket or fleece on them. But cooler weather means more time outside for them. Right now we are having a little heat wave these past few days (90 degrees outside) and they have been stuck in the same room, so they are not happy! My Frenchie on the other hand hates the cold weather!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgMy two guys love the cold weather and the snow, they love to romp and jump in the snow, and they especially love to eat it. We put sweaters on them on milder winter days, and when it's really cold, they have parkas.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Thank goodness we don't have to worry about cold weather! We do have some cold days here and there (more than I'd like to admit last year) but there's a reason we live in the desert! Mom and Dad hate the cold weather more than Guinevere could ever know! One day we'll go up in the mountains, or up to northern AZ and let her experience snow...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does not care... she just loves to be outside regardless of temp

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
All mine love the cold. I have a very hard time keeping Wilson in (we have a doggie door). He'll just go out and sit in it he likes it that much. And when it's only in the 20's, that doesn't bother any of them either (within reason of course).

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hmm interesting most seem to love the cold, Bazza such a sook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
View attachment 46751View attachment 46752View attachment 46761View attachment 46762View attachment 46779View attachment 46783My two guys love the cold weather and the snow, they love to romp and jump in the snow, and they especially love to eat it. We put sweaters on them on milder winter days, and when it's really cold, they have parkas.
Love the photos of the coats, they are great, we don't get snow where we live, love the pictures of your guys especially in the snow, cannot believe one is laying in the snow, Bazza will not sit or drop on any cold surface which is annoying when it comes to training day !!!! Thanks for posting the pics !!!

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
omg...this has to one of the cutest sites :) just adorable.....way he's sitting there........Forde doesn't mind the cold or the hot really what he does hate is RAIN...he will walk to door to go out look , turn around and come back to his bed lol....it's hilarious!!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We live in southern California and Matilda refuses to use the bathroom outside if it's too cold. By cold, I mean 60 degrees. She's such a princess. So she wears a sweater, and God forbid it rains, she has a raincoat with a hood. She will absolutely NOT use the bathroom in the rain - she just stares up at the sky like Chicken Little and gets drenched.

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
omg...this has to one of the cutest sites :) just adorable.....way he's sitting there........Forde doesn't mind the cold or the hot really what he does hate is RAIN...he will walk to door to go out look , turn around and come back to his bed lol....it's hilarious!!
Bit of a sad sight, I had forced him to go out, when he came back in he looked at me as though I was the worst mum in the world, Normally he lays right across the heater vent so no one gets warm but him. Hates the rain too!! Being our first Bulldog they certainly are hilariously strange creatures!!!!:*(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.