Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Hi all!!!!
I just wanted to say....
Hiiiii.jpg
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZAAAAPPPPPP!!!
20130624_183954.jpg
Hahaha I know I'm long over due for an update. I could go on for hours about how wonderful she is doing, but I just want to share a story with you all.

Last week Kiah and I were walking down a street with no sidewalks. A Lhasa Apso got away from their owner, ya she was sitting out front with no leash and ran up to us. I immediately put Kiah in a sit/stay and praised her everytime she looked at me. Calling her name every few seconds to not let her fixate. I stepped forward to tell the Lhasa to not come any closer as their owner came running up. The dog wouldn't listen to the owner and just kept creeping. I stayed calm 100% of the the time to show Kiah how to feel in this situation, confident and non-confrontational. I heard the dogs name and told Oscar to "Stay" as I put my hand up and then, "Go Home!". LOL wouldn't ya know it, the dog stopped and turned around. I immediately treated and praised Kiah.

I was continuously redirecting Kiah, only by voice, and she didn't move, bark, growl, snarl, lunge or charge at this Lhasa. That was big for her, This dog was no more than 10 feet away. The owner then came up all apologizing and what not, I muttered something about a leash and said, "Thank you for helping me train my dog" lol her face was priceless. Especially after her dog listened to me and not her.

I was really thinking, thank you for helping me teach my dog to how to act around strange dogs that are off leash and didn't respond to their owners, you're lucky my dog is under control and yours listened to me. That could have been bad.

I almost lost it right as we started walking away, I wanted to scream YESSSSSSS!!!!!! At the top of my lungs. I never lost faith or trust in her during the entire situation, she was perfect and calm, looking at me more than looking at Oscar.

We then continued our walk...

On another note, we are going to the vet in the morning, it looks like I missed something on her chin when I got her. So did all the vets as well. I know it was there, I checked some pics I took when I first got her. She has a brown spot, bigger than a quarter that looked like a birthmark. Over the weekend she got some acne type bumps around it, which had a little blood and pus. I've been cleaning it 3 times a day and putting neosporin on it. It looks 10 times better now. Our appointment is at 10am, I'm not taking any chances. I'll let you all know when I know more...

Here is a pic. This is it looking a lot better.
chin.jpg

Oh I almost forgot, the front door was wide open when taking those pics, I taught her to sit at attention and not to pass the rug while the door is open. :D She is doing soooo well mentally now :D

Attachments

• waaaazzzap.jpg
    waaaazzzap.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Hiiiii.jpg
    Hiiiii.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Go Kiah!! You must be so proud of her!! Hope everything is fine tomorrow at the vet! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow what a great story! Very proud of you and of Kiah, you are obviously a wonderful trainer! :bravo:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=8563]Bullyproof[/MENTION], it's so wonderful to hear from you and to hear that Kiah is doing so well with the training! I knew she could do it! You're obviously a great parent to her and just wanted to tell you to keep up the great work!! Hopefully that brown spot will be a minor issue and treatable w/meds...maybe a simple case of acne?? Do keep us posted!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well done to Kiah and to you, Mike. Such a wonderful job!!! You must be a very proud bully paw-rent!!! :yes:

As for the spot it looks like a little hot spot or acne. The vet should be able to tell you what it is. Do you use plastic bowls at all??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ UP, brother Mike! What a great way to start my day!!!:judges:

FANTASTIC.... what a wonderful, wonderful update and story! You have done great things with Kiah and she totally trusts you... keep going strong she needs that strength.

:bravo:

Last edited:
OP
Bullyproof

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Thank you all so much :) It means alot to me when I read all your comments. I am very proud of her and people compliment her everyday on the walk. Ive had to get loud with a few people that tried getting to close to her before she was properly exercised that didnt ask permission to get close.
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I have all stainless for her and wash her bowls after every meal. I wipe her face down after she drinks and I wash her face after she eats. I also use some apple cider vinegar to clean the area before I apply the neosporin.

Now heres the kicker...When I got her, they were using a plastic bowl. Of course I immediately replaced it, but the spot was already there, just not irritated. It almost looks like a hot spot with some ingrown hairs. I then thought about her previous living conditions. She was in that crate, all day, outside on that hard plastic mat. Im wondering if its a combination...

Im doimg my best to not worry, its not easy though...
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Hahah waaaaazaaaaaap :) She makes my day every morning. She does this new thing to wake me. She jumps up on the side of my chair or bed and nuzzles a bit. Oh I almost forgot!! No more crate for her!! She has proved to me she can be in the living room when im gone. :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Mike and Kiah. :bravo::bravo::bravo:

This makes my day! You should be so proud of yourself! All along Kiah was a good girl, just needed the right human. How lucky she is that YOU saved her life. And..may I add, I think Kiah is EXACTLY what you needed too! Keep up the great work!

Im tagging [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] ...something tells me she will love this post! :up:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
This is absolutely amazing news!!! Way to go Kiah & Mike :clap2: Mike you are such an amazing person to put in all this time and work to get Kiah where she's at now. Seriously an absolutely amazing update :goodpost:

- - - Updated - - -

What a ding dong I am I forgot to say how absolutely gorgeous Kiah is

OP
Bullyproof

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Update...

Sooo my girl has a minor staph infection. Antibiotics have been added to her arsenal. She had a bad experience with the sedation and they brought her out of it quickly. I am fuming on the inside, I have to accept it. None of the vets so far can handle her other than playtime. Thats 3 vets in 3 months, all of them will play with her, but I can sense their fear. They weren't able to remove the stitches, clean her ears or trim her nails. All they did were the vaccinations, chin inspection and her glands. It was WWIII over here tonight when I had to clean her rear end. She must have done her business a bit when they had her and they didn't get it all cleaned, or tell me. I keep her pocket and wrinkles very clean. This was just horrible. I ultimately had to roll her over and clean it all out, plus she was leaking a little after they plunged her. She was pissssssssed. I don't blame her either. I saw the lips and heard a smaller version of the bloody murder scream I talked about before. This time was different. It wasn't nearly as intense and I was able to take control much easier.

After it was all said and done, she walked up and put her head down between my legs as she sat down. Her body was soft and loose. We just sat there for a few together. I was scratching her ears and rubbing her neck. I felt her sorrow, I could tell how horrible she felt about her actions to me. I truly believe she understands I am only trying to help her and she is apologizing for her involuntary reactions. As well as learning not to act like that. She really has come a long way in 3 months.

The search continues...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:heart: :heart: :heart: An amazing update. I am so so so happy for you and for Kiah. Clearly, knowing her place in the world is a comfort to her! My heart sings for you both.

Super bummed about the vet though. Damn.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online