ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
After what has been a horrible two weeks at our house, I have some cute news to share! Winston just used the doggy door for the first time on his own... Yeah!!! Hopefully I won't have to open the door every 5 minutes... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Amen to that ; )

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So happy Winston could make you smile today! Go Winston!!! :angelheart:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Way to go Winston. I wish we had a house it would be so cute to see a bully face come through the door lol

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We have a doggy door too and let me just say it makes LIFE much easier when they go out. :up:

Hope your upcoming weeks get better. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such a good boy. Just be careful with the door, as they will go out to sun and get hot and will not come back in and can get heat stroke.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
After what has been a horrible two weeks at our house, I have some cute news to share! Winston just used the doggy door for the first time on his own... Yeah!!! Hopefully I won't have to open the door every 5 minutes... Lol

You just made me Laugh out loud at remembering my first doggy door for my Cocker Spaniel. I told the story of how she was slightly overweight, and my Vet chewed me out….lol. I got this idea, I would install her a doggy door, in my door in Cocoa Beach Florida…. I went to home Depot, and seen this doggy door that had a picture of a cocker spaniel on it, I bought it, and brought it home, lol. After getting home, I took the door off of its hinges, and marked it like the directions said too! I cut the hole out in my door, and installed the doggy door. I tried to put my Cocker Spaniel through it and she got stuck, Her front paws just a going, i'm behind pushing, but thinking, This door isn't going to be wide enough, but wondering somehow, maybe in jumping through the door, she would somehow squeeze through by putting her paws foreword, and behind her, and maybe that would work, After all the box showed a Cocker Spaniel, So I'm thinking about it, and I didn't want to take the chance of her hurting herself, by scraping, So I box everything up, and back to home Depot I go….. Next size bigger, This door showed a medium size dog, Back home I go again, Take the door off of the hinges, Mar the door like the first time, and cut it out, Saws are ripping through the door a second time…. I put it together much faster this time, already learning from the first time. I put the door hatch in, and I start to put Bailey through the door, She won't fit again, This door is only slightly wider than the first doggy door, but taller. I take the doggy door back out, and go back to Home Depot, I got a door with a hole in it, Thinking I can't put wood back in the door, and I can't fit her through the hole…. Dang….. I get the biggest door they have, This one has a German Shepherd on it, I bring it home, put it in front of my Cocker Spaniel, and start eyeing the width of her, and the width of the door, She's 40 pounds of Big, Big girl…. I take the door back apart from the hinges, and back up on the sawhorse it goes, Thinking, Why did I rehang the door to go to Home Depot anyway, with the gaping hole in it….. Anyway, I mark this one up, and the saws are sounding off again….. I put this one together quicker than the first and second ones, mainly because I was so tired of twisting the screwdriver, I bought a cordless drill this time too. So I get the door all put together, and rehang the door, It's a beauty!! So I am talking to Bailey trying to talk her through the door. I got inside and called her, No Bailey, I'm whistling for her, No Bailey, I'm a little peeved now, 3 trips to Home Depot, Biggest Doggy door they had, Three installations, destroyed door, and Bailey isn't interested. Finally I go outside, take her with me, and I crawl through the door….Myself, and show her how it works, I'm inside calling her, No Bailey, Super peeved now, I decide to make some lunch, While making lunch baileys standing behind me, wanting a sandwich, She also was food motivated at 40 lbs go figure…..Right?? anyway after lunch I go back out side, and crawl through the door again, thinking maybe she just didn't catch it the first time……No Bailey…… Finally I leave her in my fenced in yard, and close the door, grab a seat in my recliner, Thinking the situation over, She's sitting at my feet…..I'm thinking, maybe I need to give her more time, patience and training, Well in the meantime, clouds are rolling in, hearing thunder off in a distance….. I go outside, roll up my extension cords, and pick up my mess, Neighbor hollers at me…… Maybe you should crawl through the door and show her how to do it again….. No Idea…. but my neighbors were watching the show, enjoying watching me crawl through my front door doggy door!!! Man Oh Man, what cheap entertainment to make them Happy !! I get everything picked up, and put away, and Bailey is sitting at my feet back inside, Someone Rings the door Bell on the fence, and out the doggy door she goes….. Barking her butt off !! Lmbo, I see she has it…. Everythings great, The next morning I wake up and walk to the door, Let her out, and go to the kitchen to make coffee, Few minutes later I hear "THUNK" at the door, omg…..Forgot to remove the inside security plate, rush out on the porch to get my kid…..I'm hugging her and apologizing to her….. Then I hear my neighbors asking if I always come outside in my Boxers….. Man Oh Man….. I sure don't miss the close neighbors….. But got it all to work out, and got her trained just fine….. What a day….What we don't do for our Pets !!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You just made me Laugh out loud at remembering my first doggy door for my Cocker Spaniel. I told the story of how she was slightly overweight, and my Vet chewed me out….lol. I got this idea, I would install her a doggy door, in my door in Cocoa Beach Florida…. I went to home Depot, and seen this doggy door that had a picture of a cocker spaniel on it, I bought it, and brought it home, lol. After getting home, I took the door off of its hinges, and marked it like the directions said too! I cut the hole out in my door, and installed the doggy door. I tried to put my Cocker Spaniel through it and she got stuck, Her front paws just a going, i'm behind pushing, but thinking, This door isn't going to be wide enough, but wondering somehow, maybe in jumping through the door, she would somehow squeeze through by putting her paws foreword, and behind her, and maybe that would work, After all the box showed a Cocker Spaniel, So I'm thinking about it, and I didn't want to take the chance of her hurting herself, by scraping, So I box everything up, and back to home Depot I go….. Next size bigger, This door showed a medium size dog, Back home I go again, Take the door off of the hinges, Mar the door like the first time, and cut it out, Saws are ripping through the door a second time…. I put it together much faster this time, already learning from the first time. I put the door hatch in, and I start to put Bailey through the door, She won't fit again, This door is only slightly wider than the first doggy door, but taller. I take the doggy door back out, and go back to Home Depot, I got a door with a hole in it, Thinking I can't put wood back in the door, and I can't fit her through the hole…. Dang….. I get the biggest door they have, This one has a German Shepherd on it, I bring it home, put it in front of my Cocker Spaniel, and start eyeing the width of her, and the width of the door, She's 40 pounds of Big, Big girl…. I take the door back apart from the hinges, and back up on the sawhorse it goes, Thinking, Why did I rehang the door to go to Home Depot anyway, with the gaping hole in it….. Anyway, I mark this one up, and the saws are sounding off again….. I put this one together quicker than the first and second ones, mainly because I was so tired of twisting the screwdriver, I bought a cordless drill this time too. So I get the door all put together, and rehang the door, It's a beauty!! So I am talking to Bailey trying to talk her through the door. I got inside and called her, No Bailey, I'm whistling for her, No Bailey, I'm a little peeved now, 3 trips to Home Depot, Biggest Doggy door they had, Three installations, destroyed door, and Bailey isn't interested. Finally I go outside, take her with me, and I crawl through the door….Myself, and show her how it works, I'm inside calling her, No Bailey, Super peeved now, I decide to make some lunch, While making lunch baileys standing behind me, wanting a sandwich, She also was food motivated at 40 lbs go figure…..Right?? anyway after lunch I go back out side, and crawl through the door again, thinking maybe she just didn't catch it the first time……No Bailey…… Finally I leave her in my fenced in yard, and close the door, grab a seat in my recliner, Thinking the situation over, She's sitting at my feet…..I'm thinking, maybe I need to give her more time, patience and training, Well in the meantime, clouds are rolling in, hearing thunder off in a distance….. I go outside, roll up my extension cords, and pick up my mess, Neighbor hollers at me…… Maybe you should crawl through the door and show her how to do it again….. No Idea…. but my neighbors were watching the show, enjoying watching me crawl through my front door doggy door!!! Man Oh Man, what cheap entertainment to make them Happy !! I get everything picked up, and put away, and Bailey is sitting at my feet back inside, Someone Rings the door Bell on the fence, and out the doggy door she goes….. Barking her butt off !! Lmbo, I see she has it…. Everythings great, The next morning I wake up and walk to the door, Let her out, and go to the kitchen to make coffee, Few minutes later I hear "THUNK" at the door, omg…..Forgot to remove the inside security plate, rush out on the porch to get my kid…..I'm hugging her and apologizing to her….. Then I hear my neighbors asking if I always come outside in my Boxers….. Man Oh Man….. I sure don't miss the close neighbors….. But got it all to work out, and got her trained just fine….. What a day….What we don't do for our Pets !!!

I'm still in awe that they have doggy doors that grown men can fit through!!!! :blink:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]
For some reason both of my bullies have loved to just lay & bake in the sun, I have to watch them like a hawk! Is that a bully thing?!!
[MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION]
Your story cracked me up... Actually we had our house built so the door is in the wall! Funny thing we had to measure it tall enough for our boxer & short enough for a bully! That was a challenge... The door bell seems to be the best way to get them thru it. So far I haven't had to go thru it myself but I never say never... Lol

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:clap2: Good job, Winston! Not just in accomplishing the doggy door but also in making your mommy just a little bit happier today too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] yes, it's a bully thing, they love to sun, and that's were the problem lies, they will get too hot and won't come in and can die.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.